Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Oasis or Allure

We are planning a cruise for next October. Could you tell me is there a difference in Oasis or Allure. If there is which would you pick?
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Being sister ships, they are almost identical. The only things you'll find different are a couple of specialty things, like the small restaurant in the Boardwalk area.

The only thing really different is that the Allure is one year newer and is 5cm bigger! That's about 3" and while it doesn't sound like much, when you're talking about a ship that weighs 220,000 gross tons, that equates to a bit more weight.

So it really doesn't matter which one you go on; Oasis goes out on Saturdays, Allure goes out on Sundays. One will do the Eastern Caribbean one week, while the other does the Western Caribbean, then the next week they swap itineraries, but the ports are the same for both.

Personally, I'd just choose the one that gives you the best deal, just make sure you use an agent as they'll give you better service and help you more should you have any problems.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Having sailed on both I think it's six of one and a half dozen of the other. Both ships are fantastic. I don't think you will go wrong which ever one you choose. The Allure is a bit larger than the Oasis. At the welcome back party on the Allure the Captain joked that the flagpole on the Allure is taller than the one on the Oasis, thus making the Allure a larger ship. While it is good to use an agent, some of the information you seek can be obtained by searching out RCI's website and other sites as well. I personally enjoyed the Allure more than the Oasis. The only reason why is because on the Oasis we had a Jr. Suite (which is wonderful) and on the Allure we had the Crown Loft Suite which is really nice. Both ships are nice and I think it comes down to which itinerary you like most.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hope that you read the threads below. They contain profound
> information based on experience gained through the expenditure of
> treasure and time by those who participate. If you read the thread
> authored by why the Allure is better than the Oasis you will find the
> reasons why the Allure is much better than the Oasis. Read the other
> threads they contain good points about both ships. Just as Cruise
> Planner pointed out the reasons for selecting one over the other is
> which Caribbean you want to cruise.They are both good ships but the
> Allure has features that make it my favorite.
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Admiral

I sailed on both of them and enjoyed one as much as the other.

My next cruise is on the Oasis.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Having only been on Allure of the Seas, I was blown away with the art work, especially in the staircases, truly amazing...I was told the decor on Allure is nicer, but not having actually been on Oasis, who knows. I would choose the ship that works better with your travel plans, either leaving on Sat or Sunday could make a difference. Also, be sure to check prices and go with that. I also highly recommend using a cruise travel agent for booking. They may even have a group price if they have a group booking at the time you want to go.

Do let us know which one you pick...and what itinary, East or West.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Allure is best

I hope that you read the threads below. They contain profound information based on experience gained through the expenditure oftreasure and time by those who participate. If you read the threadauthored by why the Allure is better than the Oasis you will find thereasons why the Allure is much better than the Oasis. Read the otherthreads they contain good points about both ships. Just as CruisePlanner pointed out the reasons for selecting one over the other iswhich Caribbean you want to cruise.They are both good ships but theAllure has features that make it my favorite.