Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A
Default What time would you get to the port??

Our board time is 12:30-4:00 on IOS. What is the earliest time that we can be there. Last time we left from Port Canaveral and we got there earlier than the listed boarding times and Tons of people had already gone through the 1st step and then were seated in a holding area until they began boarding.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Usually, if you get to the port around 11:00, they are boarding. A lot however, depends on how quickly the previous group of passengers got off the ship, cleared customs, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It's unusual but, we had to hang around for quite a long time, while our RCI ship waited to pass customs. I will say that between 11-12 is the time most peole would like to get onboard to eat lunch, and check out the ship...Since the cabins are not available yet, the lighter your carry on, the better..and better then that, are the ones that have the 360 degree wheels.

Have fun!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
First Mate

We are cruising on the Enchantment of the Seas, leaving December 29th, and our SetSail pass recommends that we get to the port at 1 pm. We will take the hotel shuttle probably around 11:30 am and then begin the process of getting on the ship.
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

thank you all for your advice!!

Linda
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Independence 1/19/2013

So I messed up on the date last time I posted, I put 2012. Is anyone going on this cruise with their teens?? I have a 15 year old and he thinks there will be no teens because it is during the school year.

Has anyone been on this ship sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. If so, any advice??

Thanks,

Linda
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

There is no way to know in advance how smoothly an Embarkation might go. I always try to get there about 11:15 AM to 11:45 AM. Sometimes you beat the crowds, sometimes you are part of the crowd. Everybody eventually gets on.

You can't get into your cabin until 1:00 PM. They need time to turn over the cabins for cleaning and preparation. Take what ever clothes you wish to wear including dinner close, in your carry-on because you might not get your luggage until 7:00 PM. It usually arrives by 4:30 - 5:30 PM but sometimes it lands on the wrong floor and you keep waiting for it.

The first dinner is always casual so almost anything is OK but it must be within your comfort zone.

Enjoy.