CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Allure of the Seas Boardwalk Balconys (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/394265-allure-seas-boardwalk-balconys.html)

SophySeaDog January 21st, 2013 04:42 PM

Allure of the Seas Boardwalk Balconys

Hello Everyone, We are booked on the Allure soon in a Board Walk Balcony on Deck 9. Anyone one have any comments on the room location? Good, Bad, Noisy. We have been on two RC cruises and have been very happy with ships and service but have never been on the Oasis class ship.

Appreciate any advice!!!!

SSD:)

Donna January 21st, 2013 06:54 PM

Having been on Allure I don't think any noise issues will be a problem. You may hear crickets at night and birds during the day, of course piped in, but I did notice some real small birds flying around. It is not in a real noisy area of the ship. Some cabin blaconies have some good views of the back of the ship, where they do the water show and light show...I think you'll enjoy it.

storybookcruises.com January 21st, 2013 07:33 PM

One thing we learned from being on the Allure is that the Central Park balcony cabins are definitely much more quiet than the Boardwalk balcony cabins.

The CP area has all the trees and bushes to absorb the noise, plus there's just less traffic and less activity. Whereas the Boardwalk area does not have anything to absorb the noise and has alot more activity. While some of these cabins afford a nice view of the Aqua Theater, I much prefer the CP area for the quiet.

Just keep in mind that you're always on display with any of these balcony cabins, so you don't have alot of privacy. And you definitely have to keep the curtains closed, especially at night.

Pete

Domb23 February 17th, 2013 09:40 PM

I have a boardwalk balcony booked for August 25. I can't wait for this balcony as you get the boardwalk, aqua theater and the ocean. I can't wait.

Manuel February 17th, 2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domb23 (Post 1464841)
I have a boardwalk balcony booked for August 25. I can't wait for this balcony as you get the boardwalk, aqua theater and the ocean. I can't wait.

Remember, good things come to those who wait. :D

TM

thecruisequeen February 17th, 2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1464843)
Remember, good things come to those who wait. :D

TM

Good to know since I'm still waiting to cruise the Allure!! :p:D

And I want the Central Park Balcony...:twisted:

seadog2 February 18th, 2013 01:16 PM

When we were on the Allure my Daughter had a Boardwalk cabin. Noise was not an issue. She had an aft cabin and a perfect view of the Aqua theater from her balcony. The "inside out cabins are very nice".

Donna February 18th, 2013 09:13 PM

In addition to seeing the Aqua theater, you can also see the wake of the ship in back....Those cabins looks really nice...I think they also had some family suites back there as well.

AF1 March 3rd, 2013 12:58 PM

I was on deck 10 boardwalk four cabins from the end. During the day if u sit on balcony you will hear the hustle and bustle. If u want to take a nap close your sliding door and the noise goes away. The aqua show runs at night but once it's over u can see people on the boardwalk; but noise is minimal. Like the above poster stated. You have the boardwalk, the ocean, and the aqua theater. Central Park cabins are too boring and quiet. I had 15 on my cruise. We had people in boardwalk, Central Park, and balcony cabins. I liked the boardwalk the best.

DiamondMember March 4th, 2013 09:18 PM

I'm not sure I'd ever book a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony as I don't see how you can have any privacy in those cabins without having your shades pulled all 7 days? Not sure why I'd pay extra money to basically live in an inside cabin with a balcony attached? For little to sometimes no difference, I'd book an ocean view and have the privacy and natural light all day with out the concern of the other staterooms across the way or passer bys looking into my cabin. It's just my point of view having sailed on Allure four times and always noticing closed shades all day in these cabins, just a question the value.