CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   June 29th Oasis of the seas questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/394430-june-29th-oasis-seas-questions.html)

xxyankeesxx66 January 31st, 2013 05:49 PM

June 29th Oasis of the seas questions

I was wondering if June 29th will be a good time to go on the oasis of the seas. Do you think there would be lots of teens on board that week? What about the weather? Have any of you been on the oasis? If so can you tell me what you thought of the ship.

AF1 February 3rd, 2013 02:27 PM

I have been on the sister ship Allure. They are basically the same in size and onboard features. The only difference are the onboard shows; Oasis sails on Sat, and Allure sails on Sunday. Most likely there will be kids onboard; some will be out of school. The onboard kids programs are great; so if you want to have private time without a bunch of kids onboard you should be able to do that. I have sailed both Freedom and Allure and I had my five grandkids with me; I never saw them except for meals; so hope this helps. If you have any more questions please ask.

storybookcruises.com February 3rd, 2013 02:47 PM

The second/third week in June is among the most crowded time of the Summer; school is out and it's when families want to travel. So if you're looking for the time with the most teens, that will certainly do it. It'll also be one of the more expensive times of the year to cruise because of the demand.

We were on the Allure and it's definitely full of amenities and things to do to keep everyone busy and happy. We were crazy about the food in the MDR; tough to feed 6500 people in a 3-hour period and maintain a high standard of quality. While it wasn't bad, we just found it okay at best. The specialty restaurants were very good.

Didn't find it overly crowded most of the times, depending on what we wanted to do and when.

But if you're thinking of doing the Oasis, then you also need to think about the Allure, since they are basically the exact same ship and do the exact same itineraries.

Pete

Mike L March 7th, 2013 12:13 PM

The kids will be there but the ship is so big I don't think you will notice them as there are plenty of activities just for kids.

seadog2 March 7th, 2013 01:28 PM

DW and I have been on both the Oasis and the Allure. While both ships are family oriented and very kid friendly as it was stated it was not a problem. There is plenty to do and see for both children and adults. We took our grand kids and they had a blast. I gave them walkie talkies so we could stay in touch. Honestly they didn't have time for us they were having so much fun. The weather will be warm if not hot. Enjoy the big ship. I'm sure you will have a nice time.

Deekie March 7th, 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxyankeesxx66 (Post 1463090)
I was wondering if June 29th will be a good time to go on the oasis of the seas. Do you think there would be lots of teens on board that week? What about the weather? Have any of you been on the oasis? If so can you tell me what you thought of the ship.

Oasis is delightful with so many things to do! :mrgreen:

I'm not fond of vacationing with children or teens and Oasis has a wonderful child free Solarium with a very popular healthy restaurant there. Oasis cruises year round from Florida so the weather will be dandy!

Have fun!

Manuel March 10th, 2013 06:53 AM

I will be doing my second cruise on the Oasis next month. I have also cruised on the Allure.
Those are great ships. I recomend them for everyone. There is a lot to enjoy and there is plenty of fun for people of all ages.

If there are youngsters aboard they will be doing their own thing and it won't keep you from enjoying your experience aboard this wonderful vessel.

Enjoy your cruise.

TM

M n O March 15th, 2013 06:54 PM

I wasn't sure if you were hoping to avoid teens or if you had teens too. But if you are trying to avoid kids some, I would suggest you pick a cabin that is away from the main kid area's. That way you shouldn't hear any running in the hall on the way to their center of activities.
We will be going on the Oasis this year too and did pick a cabin that should be out of the kid zone. But usually the ships have pretty good programs I have read. After all it is the kids that are the future business. I only hope they are considerate of other cruisers and well behaved. But they do get excited.

Donna March 16th, 2013 04:57 AM

I found, that while on Allure, kids were never a problem. They even have a kids water area on the pool deck. Yes, there will be kids, but they are doing their own activities and shouldn't be a problem...

beachbum13 March 16th, 2013 12:59 PM

Kids are never the issue. It's the parents and lack of supervision and discipline.

The Oasis is awesome. Kids have plenty to do and there's plenty of places to escape if that's your desire! Enjoy! Great ship with a great crew.

mslov April 2nd, 2013 12:36 PM

Hey been on the allure....lot of teens...we made friends with by the pool...they had a blast at the clubs....

gracegilman June 28th, 2013 06:38 PM

im going then (:

Manuel July 5th, 2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracegilman (Post 1477560)
im going then (:

Let us know how the cruise turned out for you.

TM