CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Beverages (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/394540-beverages.html)

HoneymoonCruiser February 6th, 2013 08:39 PM

Beverages

Hello!

This board has been so helpful. I am first time cruiser.

My questions is about drinks, non alcoholic. I figure we are going to get a fountain drink package for my husband but I don't drink carbonated beverages. What drinks are free, coffee and ice tea?

Also in the fountain drinks, is there fountain fruit punch or pink lemonade? I might get the package for myself if includes non carbonated beverages.

I think we are going on the Oasis.

Thanks

Stennsan February 6th, 2013 08:52 PM

If I remember correctly, it was iced tea, orange juice, apple juice and milk were all complimentary. My wife always gets a soda package, but I'm happy with iced tea all week long. I don't recall if there were any non-carbonated fountain drinks.

Lakers Fan February 7th, 2013 10:18 AM

We don't drink anything alcoholic .I do not drink soda .On all of my cruises there were complimentary iced tea ,hot tea ,coffee and my favorite: water .

Paul Motter February 7th, 2013 11:55 AM

yes; iced tea, lemonade and fruit juices (like apple) are free. If you want fresh squeezed OJ you will have to pay extra for it.

A soda is usually only about $2.00, so I personally do not see the need for a soda package unless you really plan to drink 10 to 15 sodas a day (who does that?).

Dave Beers February 7th, 2013 12:36 PM

Also, note that while the bars have juices they have to charge for them. Complimentary juices are only available in dining venues.

Paul Motter February 7th, 2013 12:43 PM

And that includes the self-service Lido buffet area - and often in other places around the ship such as coffee bars in atriums.

Now - regarding coffee - you can always get regular American coffee at no cost at most restaurants, including self service in some places. But if you want a special coffee you will have to pay extra for it.

AF1 February 14th, 2013 02:25 PM

If you go on Oasis the above mentioned drinks are onboard; however u can get ice tea coffee and lemonade just about everywhere. On sports deck there is a pizza fast food joint and they always have free drinks. In the solarium bistro u can get ice tea and fruit drinks all day. In Central Park u can also get ice tea, coffee, etc. when I was onboard I would refill my glass with ice tea all day long.

Mike M February 14th, 2013 03:04 PM

The cost of the soda card on Royal Caribbean is $6.50 per day. A seven day cruise would be around $45.50.

If you drink more than three sodas a day it will be worth buying the package. I think Paul confused the total cost of the package and not the cost per day.

The included beverages are water, coffee, tea, lemonade, iced tea and juices and milk at the buffet or restaurants during meal hours.

There is plenty to drink but if you want a soda, beer, mixed drink, fresh squeezed juice, or specialty coffee you will pay extra for them.

Take care,
Mike