CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   No Lobster onboard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/394632-no-lobster-onboard.html)

EMG February 12th, 2013 06:59 PM

No Lobster onboard

Just got back from the Liberty of the Seas and there was no lobster. Did a quick search and others are reporting the same thing.

mbleezy February 12th, 2013 07:01 PM

None? Like, in the restaurant?
How much does a lobster dinner go for on board anyways??

EMG February 12th, 2013 07:09 PM

Lobster Tail used to be available during formal night. That didn't happen. I can only imagine that it would be fairly cheap in the speciality rest. because a 10 oz. filet is only $15

Donna February 12th, 2013 08:04 PM

I never really cared for the warm water lobsters, so I wouldn't miss it. Right now, because of Valentines Day, in our store you can get a decent size cold water lobster tail for $4.99, so we have two in the freezer :-)

Manuel February 12th, 2013 08:38 PM

I agree with Donna. I live in New England for 54 years. Once you eat those lobsters from the cold waters you don't care for the so-called lobster they serve on the cruise ships.

TM

Ron February 12th, 2013 09:48 PM

Was on the Freedom of the Seas Jan. 13th thru Jan, 20th Eastern sailing--had Lobster---Maybe they quit serving it in the last 3 weeks or so.
:wink: :wink:

valtime February 13th, 2013 07:25 AM

Just got back from the Freedom and they had lobster - even in the main dining rooms.

Lakers Fan February 13th, 2013 10:09 AM

I am not a lobster eater ,I rather see them swimming .

Dave Beers February 13th, 2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMG (Post 1464279)
Just got back from the Liberty of the Seas and there was no lobster. Did a quick search and others are reporting the same thing.

Of course they would sell you a whole lobster for $25 if I recall correctly. Royal touted their new menu last fall saying you could get escargots and several other things every night. I did three cruises on Liberty over the past two months and never saw the escargots.

beachbum13 February 13th, 2013 12:08 PM

I love lobster! Never met 's a lobster I didn't like! Or eat!!! I would be very disappointed if I was on a lobster-less cruise. We look forward to it! That's my night to be a pig!!!

seadog2 February 13th, 2013 12:29 PM

What, No Lobster!!!!! Buuuuuummer.

DiamondMember February 13th, 2013 03:57 PM

I think Royal cut lobster out of any cruises that are less than 7 days. The 3/4 night cruises generally do not have lobster, which is the route Liberty of the Seas is on right now. As soon as she gets back to Europe with a full 7-night sailing the lobster tails will magically appear back. This is the reason why Freedom had it on the menu and Liberty didn't. It's a cost thing; 3/4 day cruises are considerably less expensive than a 7 night.

Ron February 13th, 2013 09:47 PM

You very well may be , and probably are correct about the 3/4 day cruises dropping lobster. That would make some sense.
As I said, we were just off the Freedom recently on a 7 night cruise and Lobster was definitely served in the main dining room.

thecruisequeen February 14th, 2013 07:45 AM

Even though the Lobster onboard is not the best of quality I still enjoy my Lobster....

I agree with Beachbum I never met a lobster I did not like either onboard or on land...:p:mrgreen::rolleyes:

beachbum13 February 14th, 2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondMember (Post 1464361)
I think Royal cut lobster out of any cruises that are less than 7 days. The 3/4 night cruises generally do not have lobster, which is the route Liberty of the Seas is on right now. As soon as she gets back to Europe with a full 7-night sailing the lobster tails will magically appear back. This is the reason why Freedom had it on the menu and Liberty didn't. It's a cost thing; 3/4 day cruises are considerably less expensive than a 7 night.

And there I have it! Yet another reason NOT to go on 3/4 night cruises!!!! rofl

DonD February 14th, 2013 12:25 PM

I believe that the no lobster on less than a seven day cruise has been for the last few years. It's been a couple of years now since we've been on a four day cruise and that's what they told us at that time.

Deekie March 7th, 2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMG (Post 1464279)

I had the fisherman's plate (lobster) when I was on Liberty on February 2, 2013. Weird! :confused: