CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Is there a Perfume Shop on Oasis of the Seas? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/395138-there-perfume-shop-oasis-seas.html)

M n O March 15th, 2013 07:03 PM

Is there a Perfume Shop on Oasis of the Seas?

Is there a perfume shop on the Oasis of the Seas? If so, does anyone know if they are reasonably priced. In particular I would be buying Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.
If they have it I won't have to pack my almost empty bottle.

Dave Beers March 15th, 2013 08:17 PM

I do not know if it is still there but when Oasis debuted they had a shop called Solera on the promenade deck that sold perfumes and other similar things. They did have Chanel products, but nothing like that on a cruise ship is reasonably priced.

When is your cruise? I am returning to the Oasis in early June this year and can check for you.

Manuel March 15th, 2013 10:31 PM

A month from now I will be on the Oasis. Now I am curious to find out about the "perfume shop".

TM

Deekie March 16th, 2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M n O (Post 1467454)
Is there a perfume shop on the Oasis of the Seas? If so, does anyone know if they are reasonably priced. In particular I would be buying Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.
If they have it I won't have to pack my almost empty bottle.

Here is a video I made of the Royal Promenade when I was on Oasis of the Seas. You can check out the layout!

Of course they have one! They do on every Royal Caribbean Ship that I have been on. :mrgreen: The prices are similar to duty free pricing.

Oasis of the Seas - Royal Promenade Tour - YouTube

Cheers!

Donna March 16th, 2013 04:30 PM

Yes, you will find fine perfume for sale on all Royal Caribbean ships. I did however notice, that the selection is limited. If you are stopping in St. Thomas or St. Maarten you will find shops with a much larger selection and about the same price as onboard the ship. You may also find more different sizes in port...I did notice that you really don't save that much when buying purfume, just save on the duty free..

M n O March 17th, 2013 12:48 PM

Thanks all. The cruise is before the Summer. I'll be sure to know the price of what I am looking for at home before going and will see then.
This is our 28th cruise and never before did I think much of buying perfume on board a cruiseship.
Always something new to discover.
Thanks!

M n O March 17th, 2013 12:53 PM

Our ports will be Cozumel, Labadee and Falmouth. I wonder if any of those ports have Duty Free Perfume. Well probably not Labadee.

Donna March 17th, 2013 03:54 PM

You may find some perfume in Cozumel, not sure about the other ports. Other than saving on the duty free, I find the price at home the same, so I don't bother anymore....You may find some deals, always keep an eye out.