Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default Confused about Cabanas?

Hello everyone,

I tried to book a cabana on Labadee for over a month but it says "inquire on board" every time I check.

I called RCL and they said "you have to reserve one on the ship, first come first serve."

I am hearing all sorts of different things online.

Has a none suite passenger been able to get a cabana either on ship or after the "inquire on board" shows up online? How did you get one?

I need some advice.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Admiral

It's been almost two years since we had a cabana at Labadee. At that time they were all controlled by the suite concierge and the pecking order was: 1) suite guests first (we could reserve them prior to the cruise since the concierge e-mails all suite guests before the cruise to ask if we want a cabana) 2) unrented cabanas then were offered on board which I assume was by a waiting list of people who inquired at guest relations or the tour desk.

I do not know if the concierge still has total control of them but I can find out.
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Okay, my soon-to-be Pinnacle Club friend just sent me the following:

"The Grand Suites and above have first dibs on cabanas. They are asked if they are interested though an email from the Concierge. Now that they have to pay for them (they were originally free to suite guests) , a lot of them probably decline, leaving some cabanas available. After boarding any passenger can go to the Guest Relations Desk and ask if there are any cabanas available. I'm pretty sure the Concierge has a few held back for people with access to the Concierge Lounge but not in a suite, such as Pinnacle and Diamond Plus members."

The bottom line is, yes, you can get a cabana and not be in a suite or even be a high level Crown & Anchor member. I strongly suggest you make a bee-line for the Guest Relations desk as soon as you board and get your request on file.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Dave!!!

THERE IS HOPE!!!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Labadee sure has changed...I remember when we had to sit on a wooden bench,because all the loungers were taken..and the men had to go search for it! lol

Good luck,and run like the wind!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Admiral

We first went to Labadee in 1997, on Grandeur Of The Seas. I remember picking that voyage because it visited both Labadee and Coco Cay.

Anyway, yes, Labadee was certainly nothing close to what it has become. Very rustic and I think it was just three beach areas and one large lunch area. They had a children's area that was really just a big sand pit, and some Haitians that served as lifeguards. On the day we were there jellyfish were everywhere and people kept running out of the water screaming. The lifeguards would wade in and pick up the jellyfish and put them under their chairs to die.
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Familiar Face

This is true for Barefoot Beach which is for suite guests and pinnacle members (gold sea pass passengers). If not taken by them, D+ are next in line to book through the CL. Suites are booked through the concierge. However Nellie's Beach also has cabanas that anyone may book. There are not too many and they go very quickly. They can be booked online, so my guess is the allotted number for Nellie's either are already booked or for the OP's sailing they have not been offered yet.

Last edited by redcrown; March 28th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Familiar Face

I got a cabana today!! I checked back to the website everyday multiple times and it paid off!!

The cabana excursion is still "highlighted" for anyone else looking for cabana for May 13 on Oasis!!
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM
First Mate

We just a booked a cruise on Liberty of the Seas for next April and was able to score an over the water cabana. It's pricey but I hear it's worth it. We are in a hump balcony.

Old May 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
First Mate

Hi all, We booked a $225 cabana at Labadee and are so excited to try it. Now, I have to tell you that we booked our cruise a year out which helped us to get a cabana.

Mary