Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
First Mate

Default Oasis headed to Europe in 2014

Oasis of the Seas will sail Europe in 2014. Sailings open April 11, 2013

Royal Caribbean to send Oasis of the Seas to Europe in 2014 | Royal Caribbean Blog

Oasis of the Seas will offer two trans-Atlantic crossings where passengers will be able to experience an exclusive preview of the Quantum-class experience and join in special programs that will amplify the Oasis-class experience. A 12-night eastbound cruise from the ship’s homeport of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to Barcelona departs Sept. 1, 2014 and a 13-night westbound cruise will return Oasis of the Seas to Port Everglades from Rotterdam on Oct. 14. Vacationers also can embark the westbound trans-Atlantic cruise at Southampton on Oct. 15.

Once in Europe, Oasis of the Seas will offer a choice of three European sailings. Guests can choose among two roundtrip sailings on a five-night Western Mediterranean itinerary from Barcelona, and a seven-night Spain itinerary sailing from Barcelona to Rotterdam, The Netherlands, where Oasis of the Seas will enter drydock in Képpel Verolme shipyard for routine maintenance. Additionally, a two-night Bahamas cruise departing on Aug. 30 and a five-night Western Caribbean cruise departing on Oct. 27, both roundtrip from Port Everglades, will bookend Oasis of the Seas’ short 2014 Europe season.

Oasis of the Seas' 2014 Europe season will go on sale on April 11, 2013.

“Nothing can compare to the Oasis-class vacation experience, a testament to Royal Caribbean’s more than 40 years of innovation,” said Lisa Bauer, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “Now vacationers can combine Europe’s rich cultures and history with the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ship for a regional experience that can only be found on Royal Caribbean. And for those who have always wanted more time to enjoy the myriad activities on Oasis of the Seas, our two trans-Atlantic cruises will offer more than enough time to do everything on board, as well as some surprises along the way.”

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Captain

Routine maintenance meaning no new additions? I'm curious what it will cost compared to other crossings.

11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries

Next cruise: None scheduled
PM me if you need a cruisemate for any Europe, transatlantic, or Panama Canal cruises
Date, ship, cost pp
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Admiral

RCI was forced to take Oasis to Europe for the dry-dock since there are no shipyards in the western hemisphere that can accommodate a ship that large other than Newport News, but those dry-docks are reserved for aircraft carriers. Other options were in Asia.

I am not sure where they will price those transatlantic cruises. Typically they are bargains but this is the Oasis. However, it is also the Oasis in a different way, meaning they have a LOT of berths to fill and that might trump the premium pricing Oasis commands on it's usual cruises.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have a B2B booked on the Oasis for Jan, '14. Will book the TA on the return trip when it is available. May swap the Carib for the TA.

O F C'er
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Captain

Just got the list of itineraries, not at all exciting.

The Transatlantics only visit one port in 12 days and have 9 consecutive sea days (it's usually around 6). BOOO!

PM me if you need a cruisemate for any Europe, transatlantic, or Panama Canal cruises
Date, ship, cost pp
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Admiral

They opened these bookings to upper tier Crown and Anchor members this morning. I've seen a couple of tweets that only say "Oasis Europe sold out". Surely they didn't sell every cabin this morning.

I toyed with the idea of booking one of the transatlantic cruises, but yes, 9 sea days is too much for me, even on the Oasis with all of it's 'stuff' to do.
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Captain

In 2 days you can see how many cabins are still left, there is no way they sold 30,000 cabins in 3 hours. I wouldn't mind 9 sea days but add a stop in Portugal, Bermuda or Bahamas, something...

Date, ship, cost pp