Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Navigator to Galveston After Upgrade

Navigator to Galveston After Upgrade
by Paul Motter

The ship will bring us "virtual balconies" before they are introduced on Quantum of the Seas.

Virtual Balconies rendering from the Quantum of the Seas

Royal Caribbean just announced that it will be moving the Voyager-class vessel Navigator of the Seas to the Texas port of Galveston to sail year round. This repositioning will occur right after the ship emerges from an extensive drydock revitalization in February 2014.

But it is the new features Royal Caribbean will be giving the ship that
makes this announcement truly exciting. Some of the most exciting features will be the new Virtual Balconies for select interior staterooms, a feature that Royal Caribbean just announced will be a part of the all new "Quantum of the seas" project slated to debut in June of 2014. That means we will see these new virtual balconies before Quantum of the seas is introduced. Navigator will also receive new panoramic oceanview staterooms - featuring full-length, floor-to-ceiling windows.

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

This is fantastic news for Texas and Galveston. RCCL hasn't had a permanent ship there since the Rhapsody of the Seas. Great to get a Voyager class right after drydock. If it works the Oasis class could be next in a few years when the new ships enter the fleet.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Admiral

That is good news.

My DW has been trying to get sister ( who lives in Texas ) to go on a cruise.

We certainly would enjoy a few days in Texas followed by a cruise. We like Royal so this would work out nicely.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am so glad for a year round RCL ship to be in Galveston. After the Rhapsody left we were kind of stuck on choices. I'll be booking soon.
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

It's going to be great to have more cruise options all year.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:45 PM
First Mate

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Navigator to Galveston After Upgrade

by Paul Motter

The ship will bring us "virtual balconies" before they are introduced on Quantum of the Seas.

Virtual Balconies rendering from the Quantum of the Seas

Royal Caribbean just announced that it will be moving the Voyager-class vessel Navigator of the Seas to the Texas port of Galveston to sail year round. This repositioning will occur right after the ship emerges from an extensive drydock revitalization in February 2014.

But it is the new features Royal Caribbean will be giving the ship that
makes this announcement truly exciting. Some of the most exciting features will be the new Virtual Balconies for select interior staterooms, a feature that Royal Caribbean just announced will be a part of the all new "Quantum of the seas" project slated to debut in June of 2014. That means we will see these new virtual balconies before Quantum of the seas is introduced. Navigator will also receive new panoramic oceanview staterooms - featuring full-length, floor-to-ceiling windows.

The upgrades will occur in January as you mentioned, but the Navigator will make the crossing from Barcelona to Glaveston in November and 5 sailings in November and December before it goest into drydock. In February it comes back again for the year around sailings. Those first sailings out of Galveston will be prior to the changes. It will be nice to compare the before and after. I will be doing the crossing and a back to back in December and then the new ship in November.
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 9/21/14
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14