Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM
First Mate

Question Jewel ~ San Juan ???

All this talk about Quantum has given me the cruising itch. That and I'm starting to come down off my Oct/Oasis high. So I've decided that I NEED to take another cruise before Quantum arrives. We have decided on Jewel OTS out of San Juan in Feb 2014.

We are also thinking about taking some extra time to explore Puerto Rico before the cruise. Looking for some tips, advice and/or comments.

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What a great idea....If you haven't already been to the fort "El Morro", that would be something to see while you are visiting San Juan...You can walk there from the pier, mostly uphill, but it is doable....I have heard that an excursion out to the rain forest is something worthwhile if you have the time...Pretty much need an entire day, some traveling involved....

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Yes, defiantly do the rain forest it is something to behold. Be sure to do the hike through the forest. It is a guided hike because the forest is so large. The tour guide will take you on a hike that is about a mile or a little longer. It's an easy hike. Mostly level ground. It rained the whole time but the forest is like a canopy so you do get a little wet but not too much. El Yunque is the rain forest. Old San Juan is nice also. DW and I will be doing the Jewel in Dec 2013. Enjoy