CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Oasis Dry Dock 2014 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/397072-oasis-dry-dock-2014-a.html)

Aerogirl June 18th, 2013 07:31 PM

Oasis Dry Dock 2014

I was reading the Oasis will be going into dry dock Oct 2014 .

Donna June 18th, 2013 07:50 PM

Wonder what all they intend to do to Oasis in this dry dock, the usual fixes??

Aerogirl June 18th, 2013 08:01 PM

Looks to be just routine maintenance but first sailing Europe for a few cruises.

Royal Caribbean Offers Europe Cruises on Oasis of the Seas in 2014 | Caribbean News Digital

Manuel June 18th, 2013 08:19 PM

The ship seemed to be in fine shape last time we cruised on her. But I am sure that there is a lot of maintenance that has to be done to keep her in ship-shape condition.

TM

Aerogirl June 18th, 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1476569)
The ship seemed to be in fine shape last time we cruised on her. But I am sure that there is a lot of maintenance that has to be done to keep her in ship-shape condition.

TM

Your right , it's how you keep in ship shape;)

felix_the_cat June 19th, 2013 09:31 AM

All ships must go in periodically for a complete check up of all systems. That is mandatory. As the Oasis was built in Europe and they have the only dry dock that will take her, and they built her there in the first place, arrangements have been made to sail her over and do a series of 5 days cruises in Europe then a 7 day cruise to the dry dock. From there they will sail a transatlantic back to the U.S.

On a personal note, I think they also want to try sailing an Oasis class in Europe and see how well it will be received as they consider moving one over there when the third Oasis class comes out.

Aerogirl June 19th, 2013 10:02 AM

I think your on to something here felix.

Manuel June 19th, 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1476614)
I think your on to something here felix.

I certainly agree with that statement.

TM

thecruisequeen June 19th, 2013 05:54 PM

Lady O's turn for dry dock :-P

I agree one of the three big sisters will be off to Europe.

Villager June 19th, 2013 07:03 PM

Oasis dry dock

I was on board a Royal Caribbean ship when they announced the Oasis was going into dry dock. They opened bookings up two or three days early for people on cruises at the time to book either of the transatlantics or the European cruises. When I went for my on board booking appointment they told me the Oasis was going into dry dock early to have a propulsion pod repaired. It was not a big problem but they wanted to fix it before anything else happened that would make it a big problem.

felix_the_cat June 19th, 2013 09:34 PM

When they opened the bookings for the TA, I grabbed a couple of cabins for clients while they were still rather reasonable.

Funnel June 23rd, 2013 04:32 PM

I booked one of the 5-night Barcelona round trips on Oasis (September 18 2014) as soon as they were available for CA members. It will be interesting to sail her in Europe!
The cruise was not cheap though, almost $4000 for a JS for 2 people.

I think Allure is going into dry dock in fall 2015, so I guess one more chance to sail an Osais class here in Europe.

They are not going to be docked where they were built (in Helsinki, Finland) but in Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

/Erik