Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Royal announces low price flight guarantees

"Royal Caribbean International has added a low fare guarantee for bookings made through its ChoiceAir flight booking system. Those who find a cheaper airfare within 24 hours of booking flights on ChoiceAir will get a refund equal to 110 percent of the difference in an onboard credit to spend on their cruise"

Pretty surprising really, because over the years it seemed the cruise lines were more interested in NOT selling their air programs.
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Good news for cruisers....my one and only experience with cruise air years ago, did not start off well..we had a 3 way conversation...me the ta, and RCI...and I ended up getting the issue resolved, to my advantage.

I still prefer to book my own air.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too would never use the cruise/air for another cruise....The flights they put you on, are almost always with a stop over, never a direct flight. One Princess cruise, they waited on our flight, we boarded and they were already doing the drill, our cabin attendant said to just stay in the cabin....We sure left soon afterwards, just too close for comfort.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Admiral

As I understand "Choice Air", allows you to choose your own airlines, and flight times.

So, you aren't putting yourself in the hands of the cruise line choosing your flights.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:38 PM
First Mate

I've been sailing for 20+ years with Royal and typically would NEVER book air through them; however, I just recently called them for "haha-sake" on a one-way ticket I needed to pickup Brilliance transatlantic from JFK to London. Honestly, there prince was 1/3 of what the airlines were selling the same seat for and it was refundable! I couldn't believe how great the deal was, I grabbed it right away. I'm now always going to check with ChoiceAir as it really was a great deal!

I did get to choice the flight I wanted at the time I wanted - so I was in complete control of that; no different if I were to book it through delta directly or something.
Old June 26th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Admiral

I've found that for one way or open jaw flights (often necessary for transatlantic cruises) all the cruise line's airfares have been better than buying direct.

That was never the case for regular flights to and back home from port cities.

But that does seem to be what RCI is offering.
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Familiar Face

My experience with Choice Air has been very positive. I had arranged through Choice Air to fly to Rome last October to spend a few days in Rome and then board the Mariner OTS for a transatlantic cruise. Long story short, Hurricane Sandy came along. Choice Air scrambled to get me re-routed from JFK to Atlanta for a direct flight to Rome. So, in my opinion when flying one way transatlantic Choice Air is the way to go.