CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Crown and Anchor discounts (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/397410-crown-anchor-discounts.html)

Matelot July 1st, 2013 08:22 PM

Crown and Anchor discounts

Royal Caribbean have just put out the latest C&A discount coupons, so if you are a member, check your sailing and you may get some savings..:)

storybookcruises.com July 1st, 2013 11:07 PM

Better yet, contact your agent and ask them to check for you! It'll save you time and trouble - besides, that's their job.

Pete

seadog2 July 2nd, 2013 11:54 AM

Matelot, good idea to keep an eye on your bookings. I also like to hands on. If you booked through an agent then have them do it but if you did it yourself then that's a good find.

Manuel July 2nd, 2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise planner (Post 1477787)
Better yet, contact your agent and ask them to check for you! It'll save you time and trouble - besides, that's their job.

Pete

That is exactly what I always do.

TM

Matelot July 3rd, 2013 08:45 PM

I never use a travel agent, prefer to have control over my own bookings.

Manuel July 3rd, 2013 09:39 PM

I use a travel agent and have full control of my bookings. I tell my TA what I want and she does it all. If there is a problem she has more clout with the Cruiseline than I do.

TM

Cruizer July 14th, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matelot (Post 1477778)
Royal Caribbean have just put out the latest C&A discount coupons, so if you are a member, check your sailing and you may get some savings..:)

Can you use a C&A coupon even after you you are booked?

Typically I book a balcony cabin. I'm diamond. The diamond discount is more than the C&A discount and they cannot be combined. That said, I did find a real good price on the Allure by looking through the C&A discounts.

felix_the_cat July 14th, 2013 01:35 PM

You can use the coupons on a previously booked cruise. You just need to know which discount is best for you as you can't use them both,

storybookcruises.com July 14th, 2013 03:44 PM

Yes, you can use one or the other on a cruise that's already booked given they are still valid. Always best to ask your agent to double check because there may be other discounts that are better or that can be added to the existing booking.

Pete

seadog2 July 14th, 2013 07:19 PM

Normally your tier level discount is greater than the coupon especially if you book a balcony. This is for Diamond and above. If you used an agent then have them do it. If you did it yourself, feel free to call the cruiseline they will work with you.

Cruizer July 15th, 2013 01:33 AM

Thank you for your replies. So I guess I should check the C&A discounts more often. I have two cruises booked and both involve balconies. However, as I said, I found a good price on the Allure by checking the C&A coupons, however, I didn't use the coupon as the diamond discount was better.

DougR. July 20th, 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruizer (Post 1479105)
Thank you for your replies. So I guess I should check the C&A discounts more often. I have two cruises booked and both involve balconies. However, as I said, I found a good price on the Allure by checking the C&A coupons, however, I didn't use the coupon as the diamond discount was better.

It pays to check coupons as well as prices after booking. On my upcoming cruise on the Explorer I found a coupon for $125 for the cruise that was not available when I booked. I entered the code online and it got applied.

CRUISEFAN0001 July 28th, 2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR. (Post 1479691)
It pays to check coupons as well as prices after booking. On my upcoming cruise on the Explorer I found a coupon for $125 for the cruise that was not available when I booked. I entered the code online and it got applied.

Totally agree.

We've now used 4 C & A certificates as discounts on cruises.

psumustang September 3rd, 2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise planner (Post 1477787)

Pete

haha +1 to that.