CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Independence 6 day? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/398612-independence-6-day.html)

Jmac24 August 29th, 2013 08:00 PM

Independence 6 day?
 
Hi all, new to the forums. Just was thinking why is RC doing 6 day cruises on Indy and not 7? What's the advantages of this? Thanks

thecruisequeen August 29th, 2013 11:56 PM

Indy rotates an 8 nighter with a 6 nighter. I actually like the itineraries on both the 8 and 6 night....Some good rates can be found on Indy with both the 8 and 6 nighter. Of course the rates are alot better with the 6 nighter being 2 days less.

Many working cruisers don't get alot of time off from their jobs. The 6 nighter is a Sunday to Saturday cruise which means you can request one week off from work yet you have the day off before the cruise on Saturday to prepare for the cruise and get back on Saturday and have a full day Sunday to unpack and unwind before work again on Monday....of course that is if you are a typical Monday to Friday employee.

Welcome to Cruisemates and Happy Cruising!!:-P

CRUISEFAN0001 August 30th, 2013 05:37 PM

The previous poster said it best.

We're booked on the 6-day next March.

Nice ship, nice deal.

Truck Cruiser September 3rd, 2013 04:13 AM

We booked the 6 day for next February with the intentions of trying to get as many family members to be able to cruise with us. Having Saturday before the cruise and Sunday after the cruise to drive home is a big plus when trying to meet the needs of multiple family members!

Manuel September 29th, 2013 11:36 PM

I am thinking od doing a 6 day Indy cruise on Dec. 29th. 2013.

To celebrate New Years Eve a six day cruise is about right for us.

TM

Truck Cruiser September 30th, 2013 05:51 AM

New Years on the High Sea's would be cool....just wish they weren't so expensive......Enjoy!

Manuel September 30th, 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser (Post 1485817)
New Years on the High Sea's would be cool....just wish they weren't so expensive......Enjoy!

The Indy cruise turned out to be a farily decent price, so I booked it.

TM

Manuel October 29th, 2013 08:59 PM

Two months from today i will be embarking on the Independence of the Seas.

TM

Matelot October 30th, 2013 10:47 AM

Lucky you!
What is the itinerary?

Manuel October 30th, 2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matelot (Post 1488112)
Lucky you!
What is the itinerary?

The itinerary is leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and sailing to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee.

TM

CRUISEFAN0001 October 31st, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1488147)
The itinerary is leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and sailing to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee.

TM

We'll be following you in line 90 days later...

Manuel October 31st, 2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUISEFAN0001 (Post 1488198)
We'll be following you in line 90 days later...

I'll check it out and let you know how I liked it. :)

TM

CRUISEFAN0001 November 1st, 2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1488206)
I'll check it out and let you know how I liked it. :)

TM

Sounds like a plan. I've read perhaps 80-90 reviews...most of which were very positive...about the ship, the food, and the service.

In our case...this will be our first cruise where we primarily are targeting rest & relaxation in contrast to the excursion extravaganzas of past cruises.

If the ship is as good as it should be after the refurb, and food as good as past cruises...we'll be happy. Stopping for some kind of excursion in Grand Cayman will be a bonus.

Truck Cruiser November 3rd, 2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUISEFAN0001 (Post 1488260)
Sounds like a plan. I've read perhaps 80-90 reviews...most of which were very positive...about the ship, the food, and the service.

In our case...this will be our first cruise where we primarily are targeting rest & relaxation in contrast to the excursion extravaganzas of past cruises.

If the ship is as good as it should be after the refurb, and food as good as past cruises...we'll be happy. Stopping for some kind of excursion in Grand Cayman will be a bonus.

We will be sailing her on the 23rd of February....When are you going?

CRUISEFAN0001 November 3rd, 2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser (Post 1488331)
We will be sailing her on the 23rd of February....When are you going?

March 23rd.

Then Radiance 6 weeks later.

thecruisequeen November 3rd, 2013 09:29 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews from you future Indy cruisers....I'll have to give Indy a try at some point in the future never cruised on her before. :-P

Manuel November 3rd, 2013 10:50 PM

I will be glad to post my opinion of my cruise on the Indy. However it's bound to be a little biased because I love to cruise, I love Royal ships and I really love to celebrate New Years eve in style.

TM

Manuel December 14th, 2013 09:18 PM

Time has gone by fast.

We will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale two weeks from today for this cruise.

TM

CRUISEFAN0001 December 16th, 2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1491254)
Time has gone by fast.

We will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale two weeks from today for this cruise.

TM

Enjoy!

We're counting down to 96 days on Indy...

Manuel December 16th, 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUISEFAN0001 (Post 1491378)
Enjoy!

We're counting down to 96 days on Indy...

Thank you! I hope that you enjoy your cruise as well.

TM

CRUISEFAN0001 December 17th, 2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1491389)
Thank you! I hope that you enjoy your cruise as well.

TM

Love to see some pix if you decide to share.

thecruisequeen December 17th, 2013 03:17 PM

:idea: I think TM and Cruisefan should both post reviews when you guys return from Indy:!:

Enjoy Indy!! :p:cool:8-)

CRUISEFAN0001 December 17th, 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1491422)
:idea: I think TM and Cruisefan should both post reviews when you guys return from Indy:!:

Enjoy Indy!! :p:cool:8-)

I suspect that can be accomplished. :cool:

Manuel December 17th, 2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1491422)
:idea: I think TM and Cruisefan should both post reviews when you guys return from Indy:!:

Enjoy Indy!! :p:cool:8-)


I we do what I can. I'm not the best review poster but I will give it a try.


TM

CRUISEFAN0001 December 18th, 2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1491442)
I we do what I can. I'm not the best review poster but I will give it a try.

TM

Enjoy your cruise!

Some of the best reviews I've ever read were actually relatively brief but included numerous photos to share. Not everyone's a Hemingway..but some great posts have indeed been made by folks without a Journalism degree.

thecruisequeen December 18th, 2013 07:56 PM

Here you go upcoming Indy cruisers!! :mrgreen::-P:cool:


https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...01726329_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...18417755_n.jpg


https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...62328462_n.jpg

CRUISEFAN0001 December 18th, 2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1491518)
[B]Here you go upcoming Indy cruisers!! :mrgreen::-P:cool:

Nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Manuel December 18th, 2013 10:26 PM

Thank you Cruisequeen!


Those pics are awesome.


TM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1