CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Coming home from afghanistan (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/398657-coming-home-afghanistan.html)

wolfbody September 3rd, 2013 04:18 AM

Coming home from afghanistan

Hey guys, next year in August 2014 I'm coming back from Afghanistan and heading straight on a cruise. The debate is NCL or RCCL. My question is after spending a year in Afghanistan I want to meet some women in my age group (I'll be 27). I'm not solely looking for this but I want to have a good party, dance experience. What cruise lines would you recommend? I refuse to go on Carnival I heard it wasn't that nice.

storybookcruises.com September 3rd, 2013 06:40 PM

My daughter-in-laws brother just came back 3 weeks ago and he's also single. (He's also a member of special forces.) After considering all his options, we booked him on the Oasis of the Seas and he absolutely loved it! Said it was a great way to relax, party, enjoy the nightlife, meet the ladies, and had lots to do. We've been on the Allure of the Seas and one good thing about those ultra-mega ships, they carry alot of people (upwards of 6000 passengers), so it obviously increases your chances for meeting people.

If you want to try NCL, take a look at the new Breakaway.

But don't discount Carnival - their newer ships are nice and they do tend to attract a younger crowd and lots of singles.

And lastly, you might also want to consider Princess - a bit more of an upscale crowd from the other three, so it's very nice.

And from a Vietnam vet to an Afghan vet - thank you for your service, brother!

Pete

Manuel September 3rd, 2013 09:10 PM

From my experience you can't beat the Oasis or the Allure.
They sure seem to attract a lot of beautiful young ladies. And there are a lot of fun activities.

I'm also a Vietnam Vet who thanks you for your service.

Seems like every generation has some war going on.

TM

wolfbody September 4th, 2013 01:16 AM

Hey guys, thank you so much. I'm going to head to the Oasis of the Seas for Cozumel 16 AUG 2014. I am super excited, already bought my tank tops ahaha! Hopefully we don't go into Syria either!

storybookcruises.com September 4th, 2013 01:31 AM

Just make sure you book it with a reputable agent and not with the cruise line! If you have any problems, you want somebody on your side. If you book it with the cruise line and you have problems, who do you think they represent?

And don't just consider the Oasis - take a look at the Allure as well - they're sister ships, but the Allure is one year newer and they go to the same places. Take a look at the shows, restaurants, and amenities before you decide.

Pete

ship2shore September 4th, 2013 08:04 AM

The Allure of the Seas is one year "newer", actually.