Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

some people are allowed to smoke and some are not.its a choice of life. if you dont like people smoking then go on a total non smoking ship if u can find one. people pay an awful lot of money to go on a cruise so why should you complain about others who enjoy a smoke when they have paid the same or money for the cruise than you have

Last edited by merchantnavyman1969; May 17th, 2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: dont agree with these people
Old May 17th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchantnavyman1969 View Post
some people are allowed to smoke and some are not.its a choice of life. if you dont like people smoking then go on a total non smoking ship if u can find one. people pay an awful lot of money to go on a cruise so why should you complain about others who enjoy a smoke when they have paid the same or money for the cruise than you have
So if I fly on a plane with you and paid the same amount of money for my seat, I'm allowed to smoke and damage your health because I paid to be there as well.
Don't think money buys you the right to damage my lungs and health.
Old May 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

booked our cruise in october last year . asked if still ok to smoke on balcony. was told yes, so spent lots of money on balcony so that we could have a beer and smoke like we did on independence of seas in 2012 but now that we are a few days away from our cruise we find that smoking policy changed without any feed back from rcb, will have to improvise as only 7 night cruise but if rcb keep restricting their smoking customers to smaller venues onboard then this will be my last cruise with them
Old May 18th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Personally, I would le to sei ALL ships on ALL cruise lines go smoke-free, for a safer and healthier voyage. But it will probably never happen.

donna
Old May 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

you are not allowed to smoke on a plane.and you are only on a plane for a certain amount of hours to get you from one destination to another quickly.so perhaps you should get your priorities right. when you pay a lot of money to go on a cruise your paying for a holiday to relax and enjoy yourself whether it be for 7 or 14 days or longer .obviously by your posts on this site you have an aversion to smokers perhaps because you have either smoked in the past or have lost someone because of their smoking habit.you can change the argument around as much as you wish but everyone is entitled to do what they wish to do with their lives as long as they do not force their habits on others. this entails freedom within reason to do as they please. without you finding every excuse to moan about people who smoke. look foreward to your next reply
Old May 18th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

never likely
Old May 18th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
when you pay a lot of money to go on a cruise your paying for a holiday to relax and enjoy yourself whether it be for 7 or 14 days or longer
And I want to enjoy myself without having my health effected or my lifespan shortened. FACT: Second hand smoke is just as bad as first hand smoke. Would you blow smoke into a babies face? NO. So why blow it into mine.

Quote:
everyone is entitled to do what they wish to do with their lives as long as they do not force their habits on others. this entails freedom within reason to do as they please. without you finding every excuse to moan about people who smoke. look foreward to your next reply
So when you are at dinner, and I'm sat next to you. Just before dessert, I decide to inject myself with drugs, but not offer any to you, that's fine by your standards.

I'm not saying stop smoking. You can kill yourself early if you choose to do so. But you are forcing your habits onto others by smoking in areas where other people are. This is why there are smoking areas and non smoking areas. So people can choose where they want to be, in smoke filled areas or not. You are not smoking in the dining rooms anymore but 20 years ago it was fine.
What we are saying is that ALL public areas should be non smoking. A smoking room (or bar area) for smokers only and not on balconies as smoke will drift to other non smokers balconies.
Alot more places and venues are going smoke free and ships IMHO should be as well. Maybe if they had a smoking only ship and see if that works.