CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Ever notice..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/399088-ever-notice.html)

beachbum13 September 30th, 2013 04:35 PM

Ever notice.....

Ever notice when you're having a really bad day at work your mind goes right to a cruise??? :confused:
I usually daydream about my next cruise! :p
Sometime my last cruise. :cool:
But today I was cruising the Mediterranean and Australia! 8-)
And of course I was in those suites I can never afford!!! :wink:

storybookcruises.com September 30th, 2013 08:59 PM

Welcome to my world!

I feel your pain as I talk to people all day long about their cruises, so I'm always thinking about where I want to go. Sometimes it drives me nuts because all I want to do is go on another one, knowing my next one is not coming soon enough!

But I do find it comforting to look at the wonderful pictures of us in different parts of the world and dream about what was and what will be.

So hang up those pictures of where you've been and posters of where you want to go and dream on!

But as the old saying goes; remember yesterday, plan for tomorrow, but live for today.

Pete

Donna September 30th, 2013 09:17 PM

Oh yea, especially if you have a cruise booked and are just waiting it out...Nothing works better when having a bad day, to dream about a cruise...

thecruisequeen September 30th, 2013 09:30 PM

Good day or bad day at work....always day dreaming of cruising....:rolleyes::p:mrgreen:8-)

Manuel September 30th, 2013 09:41 PM

I don't work but I still dream of cruising. LOL

TM

seadog2 October 1st, 2013 01:13 PM

Since I retired I now have more time to dream about cruising. I'm obsessed.

ViviW October 9th, 2013 01:10 PM

Oh yeah, I dream about cruising at work regularly but never more so than when I'm under the 60 day mark for my next cruise. I also have all my cruise pictures as a slideshow on my desktop which really helps pass bad days:D

Surfguyxxx1 November 3rd, 2013 05:42 AM

While waiting for dinner last night to finish in the oven, I started looking at cruises for late 2014 or spring of 2015. "Are you kidding looking that far in advance now" is what I heard coming from the doorway. It never hurts to plan is all I could say............... Dream on!!!!!:D

Trip November 3rd, 2013 08:11 AM

I have sometimes explained to people, that working for CM, for so many years now, how every day of these 13 years, I have said the word cruise, read about peoples cruises,and questions, thought about cruising,and been on vacation in my mind, perpetually.:) Not a bad job, huh?

Oh, btw...I do need a cruise....!

beachbum13 November 11th, 2013 12:11 PM

We just went to Nashville last week. It was something I've wanted to do for while and was well worth it. But we had a 14hr drive home and all I thought about was our next cruise.

"It should be less than 3 months by the time we get home.."

"It's going to be nice and warm I won't need jackets and long pants.."

"It will be nice to drive 20 minutes to the airport and be in Florida in a couple hours..."

"I love southern breakfasts but nothing beats breakfast on the balcony.."

"While I have developed a taste for whickey & shine I prefer RUM!"

"Palm trees..."

"Let me think... 2 months 28 days till we leave. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, the time is going to fly! Won't be long!!"

Mike M November 11th, 2013 12:27 PM

Since my wife and I are no longer working stiffs we don't have a bad day at the office, but since we returned from Europe we have been looking at a cruise getaway. Nothing more than seven or ten days on a ship with not really caring about where we go. I think my wife's two months in Europe took a lot out of her and she feels the need to just relax in warm sunshine.

Like Trip, I have also thought about, talked about or been on a cruise for almost every day of the last thirteen years. I have to admit I don't get the "tingles" like I once did about a cruise but I still love 'em.

Take care,
Mike

felix_the_cat November 11th, 2013 02:00 PM

I've discovered another reason for looking at the next cruise. Not the best reason and I wouldn't wish it on anyone believe me, but since my DH had surgery last April and has been going through chemo since, we find planning our next cruise is medicinal. We know we can't do anything far for at least another year, but may a Caribbean cruise at the one year mark. He only has one more treatment.

But planning the next has helped.

Donna November 11th, 2013 07:12 PM

It is always wonderful to have something to look forward to, no matter how far away, eventually it will arrive...