Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default Pic of Family Connecting Stateroom - Quantum of the Seas

Awesome cabin for families being introduced on the Quantum of the Seas.

Pete

47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, I am loving that, 3 full bathrooms and one with an actual bath tub...Also, the balcony was roomy looking, even with lounge chairs....Nice. I bet those will sell rather quickly.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Admiral

awesome! thanks for the preview - now I have to wait for the price

I haven't been following the news on Quantam. How is different/better than Oasis/Allure?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Admiral

You can find more information on the Quantum of the Seas here; Quantum of the Seas | Royal Caribbean International

As for size, the Oasis-class ships are 220,000 gross tons and carry 5400 people, whereas the Quantum is 167,800 gross tons and carries 4905 passengers - it's just tad bigger than the Freedom-class ships, which are 160,000 gross tons and carry 4375 passengers.

Basically, from what I've seen and heard, they've taken some of the good ideas from alot of different ships and tried to put all of them in one ship, while adding a few new twists and options.

Can't wait to see it!

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!