CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Extra Points for Solo Cruisers!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/399323-extra-points-solo-cruisers.html)

ViviW October 9th, 2013 01:07 PM

Extra Points for Solo Cruisers!!

I read on the other site that RCL is now giving an extra point per sail day for solo cruisers who book a double cabin, paying the single supplement! I called C&A and they confirmed this applies to all sailings after 10/3, whoo hoo! PAX that book the single cabins on Q won't get the extra point.

Villager October 9th, 2013 08:19 PM

I can verify that this is true. I sailed solo, single occupancy, for two weeks on the Allure and got single credit for the first week and double for the second week. I wish they had started it sooner as I had sailed for eight of the last ten weeks, but better late than never.

ViviW October 9th, 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager (Post 1486682)
I can verify that this is true. I sailed solo, single occupancy, for two weeks on the Allure and got single credit for the first week and double for the second week. I wish they had started it sooner as I had sailed for eight of the last ten weeks, but better late than never.

Hi Villager, I also wish they had started this much sooner but am thrilled RCL has come around. OMG, you were cruising for 8 out of the last 10 weeks! Oh man, I want your life:)

Happy cruising!

Dave Beers October 11th, 2013 02:39 PM

Royal Caribbean has officially announced this new policy, effective immediately. 2 points per day in regular cabins, 3 points per day if solo cruisers book a suite.

And sadly, no, it is not retroactive.

Villager October 11th, 2013 05:04 PM

I don't think there will be any sour grapes for the policy not being retroactive. Speaking for myself with what will be 94 nights this year and only the last 7 doubled so far, I'm elated. I appreciate that Royal has chosen to recognize the loyalty of their single sailers who deal with the brutal "single supplement."

Dave Beers October 11th, 2013 07:53 PM

I wonder how many couples will start chasing points by booking connecting inside cabins with each person solo, instead of just one balcony cabin? It could be a wash on price, or even cheaper, and they'd get the extra points without booking a suite, plus have two bathrooms.

Surely RCI ran through possible scenarios before approving this.

felix_the_cat October 12th, 2013 11:31 AM

It really won't be worth chasing points for couples unless they have more of the 110% as they had with the Allure and Oasis recently. The cost would be ridiculous just to "buy" some points.

The perks may be OK at D and D+ - certainly we enjoy them, but I can't see buying them either.