Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Deck 8 Allure overlooking lifeboats?

We are looking into a cruise on the Allure for next June specifically to keep my 15 year old nephew occupied with all the activities. The rest of us are more relaxed and typically cruise Disney. For price we usually get an ocean view room. The few times we've had balconies we have enjoyed watching the water and a direct view down. But I am noticing the rooms we have on the Allure are over the lifeboats.

Now I know everyone has their own preferences and what bothers some may not bother others, but for anyone who has sailed in these rooms that are above the lifeboats...does it bother you that you ate looking at roofs of boats instead of the water? I have my TA checking to see if rooms more right off the aft elevators open up and I know I'd be ok over the lifeboats but I worry about my family who LOVE looking at the water and looking for the I ocean life. I probably am stressing too much over this. Right after we decided too book I heard about the pod issue and hope all works well on that repair.
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Since you do enjoy looking down at the water, I would see what your travel agent can find for you....Keep us posted...

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
First Mate

We were in 8594. You can see the lifeboats below attached to deck 5 , but they do not obstruct your view in any way....
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matelot View Post
We were in 8594. You can see the lifeboats below attached to deck 5 , but they do not obstruct your view in any way....
I know now I am just going to sound nitpicky but that room looks like an extended balcony. So I would assume you see less of the boat anyhow. I am just going to break the surprise of booking it and get my family involved with their opinion. With 6 rooms we either stay together over a boat or split up all across ship to look straight down. Splitting up doesn't sound too bad to me..........