CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Allure & Oasis Itineraries (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/400012-allure-oasis-itineraries.html)

Aerogirl November 27th, 2013 07:16 PM

Allure & Oasis Itineraries
 
I'm going through different cruise lines to see what my next cruise will be, I kind of had my heart set on Allure but I really don't like the itineraries and feel bummed. I wish for the western they stopped in Belize & Rotan not Jamaica, I can live with Cozumel. I know from what I hear its about the ship more than the ports but I would at least like the ports, the eastern isn't much better with the Bahamas. :cry:

Not sure I care to sail on any other of their ship although Vision has a nice itinerary the ship looks kind of old and run down.

Donna November 27th, 2013 08:41 PM

I know exactly what you mean....these ships are so huge, they are limited as to where they can go...Besides the choice of Eastern or Western, Oasis leaves on Sat, while Allure on Sunday....I also wish they would get to Labadee, after all they build a pier there....I had the same problem when going on Allure, but as of today, she's still my favorite cruise/ship.

Aerogirl November 27th, 2013 09:56 PM

I think I'm going to just have to get over it and do the western, maybe I would just stay on the ship in Jamaica. I hope to have something booked by the end of January.
When I start thinking maybe I should just try a different class ship I think no I want Allure, I just have to see what all the fuss is about!!

thecruisequeen November 28th, 2013 07:18 AM

I'm one of the odd ones.....I Love Jamaica and always prefer to go West or East.

Jamaica has so many excursions...beaches, the falls, ziplines, bobsled, horseback riding, river tubing etc. etc.

There is always just doing some shopping right there in port or staying on the ship and having a peaceful relaxing day.

Stopping once again in Jamaica next cruise and thinking either the Rosehall Zipline (got good reviews online), horseback riding or enjoying the day once again at Red Stripe Beach (nice beach, close to port and excursion cost is only 20 something dollars).

I'm thinking of booking Allure for the beginning of May. Springbreak is over and most schools are still in session. :mrgreen::twisted:

ruthlessboss November 28th, 2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1490225)
I think I'm going to just have to get over it and do the western, maybe I would just stay on the ship in Jamaica. I hope to have something booked by the end of January.
When I start thinking maybe I should just try a different class ship I think no I want Allure, I just have to see what all the fuss is about!!

I agree, I'd likely go for the ship. Itineraries for those huge ships are not great.
As for someone mentioning Belize, I wonder how much further out the ship would need to anchor. By the time they got everyone tendered, it would be time to come back!

Aerogirl November 28th, 2013 09:12 AM

I'll have to look into the ports a little better as I'm sure there's plenty to do , the beach may be the way to go. It's Montego Bay Jamaica, I've only been to Ochos Rios were I did the falls and then a beach but the beach wasn't the nicest and water murky....maybe it was just that beach and the rain we had that morning.

It's kind of funny I've looked at all the lines but that dang Allure just won't leave my mind so it looks as my decision has been made. Now to just chooses eastern or western and I'm leaning toward western, I'll have to see what my travel buddies want to do.

Another thing is I have always said no balcony no cruise and since my friend can't smoke on the balcony maybe we should just do an interior cabin. Another reason not to have the balcony is I want to see and do everything so how much use will it get other than morning coffee and late night star gazing.

Oh the decisions I must make....so much to think about1

Atccruiser November 28th, 2013 12:56 PM

The Navigator goes to Belize and Roatan out of Galveston

storybookcruises.com November 28th, 2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1490223)
I know exactly what you mean....these ships are so huge, they are limited as to where they can go...Besides the choice of Eastern or Western, Oasis leaves on Sat, while Allure on Sunday....I also wish they would get to Labadee, after all they build a pier there....I had the same problem when going on Allure, but as of today, she's still my favorite cruise/ship.

They both do go to Labadee, which is why they built the pier.

Unfortunately, these ships are just too big and have so many people onboard that they have to dock - it's just not possible to do it any other way.

It'll be interesting to see when (you'll notice I didn't say 'if') they decide to build the pier in Grand Cayman whether they'll be designing it with these ships in mind.

I know that RCCL is considering other places to build piers so they can include other ports figuring if they don't, people are going to get bored with the same limited ports where they go now. So this, too, will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Pete

Dave Beers November 28th, 2013 04:11 PM

Grand Cayman has been a laughingstock with their pier drama over the years. Their political back-and-forth over it is really something. Frankly, I am so sick of tendering there that I don't bother to go ashore anymore. There is nothing on Grand Cayman that interests me enough to do the tender routine. Done the stingrays, the turtles, Hell, the beaches.

However, if I could dock there I would walk ashore and at least buy something or have lunch.

Aerogirl November 28th, 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atccruiser (Post 1490273)
The Navigator goes to Belize and Roatan out of Galveston

I see that but it needs a dry dock....looking run down. It does have good ports however.

thecruisequeen November 28th, 2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1490292)
I see that but it needs a dry dock....looking run down. It does have good ports however.

Navigator is going into dry dock in January. She will be cruising again 1st or 2nd week in February.

Donna November 28th, 2013 09:45 PM

I think because I did the Eastern on Allure, no Labadee....Was always a highlight to have a stop there.

Aerogirl November 28th, 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1490295)
Navigator is going into dry dock in January. She will be cruising again 1st or 2nd week in February.

That's good to hear, I love the ports but I just have to do Allure .

Cruizer December 1st, 2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1490222)
I'm going through different cruise lines to see what my next cruise will be, I kind of had my heart set on Allure but I really don't like the itineraries and feel bummed. I wish for the western they stopped in Belize & Rotan not Jamaica, I can live with Cozumel. I know from what I hear its about the ship more than the ports but I would at least like the ports, the eastern isn't much better with the Bahamas. :cry:

Not sure I care to sail on any other of their ship although Vision has a nice itinerary the ship looks kind of old and run down.

The Allure and Oasis OTS cannot stop in Belize because that is a tender port. These two ships have too many passengers to tender.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1