Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Default The Kahlua Kurse ~

The Kahlua Kurse ~

On our first cruise we went to Cozumel. As a first time port shopper we were amazed by the cheap prices on liquor. So we bought 2 bottles, one Bacardi Rum & a Kahlua in a fancy bottle. When we went to claim our luggage from Carnival both bottles were crushed beyond beleif. The biggest peice of glass was the size of a thumb nail!

During our second cruise we found lot's of rums that we can't get in the USA in Grand Cayman. After our disaster before we had come prepared! We bought a suit case with hard sides and bubble wrap sleaves for the bottles. We had no problems on that cruise of our next one. We only bought rums...

So we return to Cozumel on this past cruise and we find a really cool bottle of Kahlua and buy it along with a bottle of 7 Fathoms Rum. Just 2 bottles. Everything appeared to have gone well till we opened our suitcase. The Kahlua Kurse strikes again! The suitcase did it's job as did the sleaves for the most part. The damn cap broke somehow. Faulty merchandise??? It was packed in the bubble wrap and was surrounded by soft clothes! Those clothes soaked up all the Kahlua. Still trying to save some of the clothes.. I guess the good news is the $40 bottle of 7 Fathoms was OK!

So we will never buy Kahlua on a cruise again. And our next cruise ~ NO FLYING!!!! (Thank You RCCL for putting Quantum in NJ!!!! <3 ) I'll carry any booze we buy off the ship myself!!!!

Thought some of you might enjoy hearing about The Kahlua Kurse. Perhaps some will have similar tales and will make me feel like a wee bit less of an idiot!?

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

OMG, not once, but twice....sorry to hear about the loss there, think it may be a good time to pass on the next cruise...Hope the clothes are OK?

Message Boards Moderator