As our cruise grows closer I am getting a bit nervous over all the planning. There will be ten of us ranging from 76yrs old down to 15. Some pf my questions are:
1)Best time to board. We are flying in late the night before so would like to sleep in a bit but don't want to be too late and miss too much ship time.
2) Bringing on a case of water. Would we just put a luggage tag on and leave with porter with rest of our luggage?
3) My Time Dining. I did this as we REALLY like to watch the sunsets. I already habe our reservations but how much time shpuld we allow to be seated and for the meal itself?
4) Shows. I have made the reservations except CHICAGO which doesn't seem to be up yet. We sail June 1st. I made them for all ten of us just because no one is communicating to me what they want so I figure better safe than sorry. What do you say are the no miss shows?
5) Rita's Cantina. Wanted to do the fiesta with cocktails but thosectimes are not working for us. I know they could change on the actual sailing and will continue to look. But is it worth going there otherwise? We live where more than half the resraurants are Mexican and good ones at that so I am thinking skip it.
6) Giovanni's for lunch. I thought just the six ladies in our group. Do they have seating outside and would it accomedate the six or is it best inside?
7) Prohibitipn Event. I was thinking this would be really fun. Anyone done it? Wanted to do the Mystery dinner but does not seem to be offered on our sailing. A couple of us love dressong up amd play acting plus drinking so I figure we should enjoy.
I know it is a lot of overthinking on my part but I like to know details so things go smooth. Thanks for any and all replies in advance:-)
1)Best time to board: They start boarding around 11:30 to noon, and it starts with the pecking order of suites, pinnacle members, diamond plus, diamond, emerald, and platinum, and then everyone else as they checked in. Cabins are not open until 1:30 (maybe it is 1pm). So, I'd either get there around 10:30 or wait until 1pm. You won't be missing much. Eat a late breakfast so you won't feel a compelling need to go to the Windjammer. Or, better yet, skip the Windjammer and go to the Park Cafe or spend a few bucks each and hit Johnny Rockets. Never crowded there on embarkation day.
2) Bringing on a case of water. Would we just put a luggage tag on and leave with porter with rest of our luggage? Don't do that. I know some say they check in cases of water like suitcases but it isn't really a good idea. The staff is there to deliver luggage, not supplies. Split it up and have everyone bring a few bottles in their carry on luggage.
3) My Time Dining...how much time should we allow to be seated and for the meal itself? 75 to 90 minutes typically. They don't like dawdlers at My Time because they need to turn the tables over for others diners.
4) Shows. I have made the reservations except CHICAGO which doesn't seem to be up yet. What do you say are the no miss shows? Anything at the Aqua Theater. The Blue Planet aerial show.
5) Rita's Cantina...is it worth going there? I am not impressed with Rita's. The tables are cramped and the food is average. As you say, many of us have better choices at local restaurants. I'd skip Rita's if it was a choice between it and something else you want to do.
6) Giovanni's for lunch. I thought just the six ladies in our group. Do they have seating outside and would it accommodate the six or is it best inside? They have tables outside. They are for two and four as I recall but I'm sure they would be happy to set it up for six.
There were actually two really good shows in the theater, not to miss, Blue Planet and I forget what the other one was, and yes, water show, also ice show is a good one too...Try to get in a parade or two, those are fun to watch...Just be sure to read your daily planner and see where activities are and what time, you don't want to miss anything.