Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Q & A on Dynamic Dining by RCCL

Q: How and when do I find out about making reservations?
A: Information on reservations for all restaurants will be available through a new planning and reservations tool on May 15, 2014.

Q: I am already booked for the early/late seating in the main dining room. What do I do?
A: Guests already booked on Quantum of the Seas℠ will be able to use the new planning and reservations tool to customize their dining experience, so you can still eat early if you choose, you’ll just have many more choices.

Q: Do I have to make reservations prior to the cruise, or will I be able to make reservations once onboard?
A: In order to satisfy all guests’ preferences, we encourage guests to make restaurant reservations prior to their cruise. However, once onboard, guests will have the ability to make and edit reservations.

Q: Are reservations made on a first come, first serve basis?
A: Yes, once a restaurant is full, an alternative restaurant recommendation will be made. We encourage guests to experience a different restaurant each night.

Q: What is the difference between traditional dining and Dynamic Dining program on Quantum-class Ships?
A: Traditional dining consists of two dining times (Main and Late) in a Main Dining Room. The Dynamic Dining experience encompasses the entire landscape of 18 unique dining venues. The new philosophy is simple: Give our guests more options, more flexibility, more control over their
dining experience. The Main Dining Room has been reimagined as five main restaurants, each with their own distinctive menu and ambiance. There are no set dining times, no strict dress codes, no assigned seats.

Q: Who can dine at Coastal Kitchen?
A: Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Grand Suite and above) and their guests.

Q: What if I want the same waiter every night?
A: The wait staff is dedicated to a specific restaurant – “venue experts”. If a guest would like to have the same waiter every night they are encouraged to dine at the same restaurant, but we recommend guests to experience a different restaurant each night.

Q: What if I want to dine in the same restaurant every night?
A: Dynamic Dining allows guests to make reservations in the same restaurant every night of their cruise if they wish, but we recommend guests to experience a different restaurant each night.

Q: Will menus stay the same in each restaurant every night?
A: Each restaurant has its own distinctive menu and ambiance that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests can certainly experience different selections off the menu each night.

Q: Do I have to make reservations for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
A: Reservations will only be required for dinner.

Q: Will there be a Formal Night/Captains Night?
A: There will not be a set Formal Night, however, guests who prefer a more formal experience should dine at The Grande, where every night is formal night.

Q: What is the dress code in each of the restaurants?
A: Dress recommendations are available on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining.

Q: Do the restaurants have a fee?
A: The five main restaurants on Quantum class ships are complimentary. Specialty Restaurant service charges can be found on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining.

Q: Where can I view the menus?
A: The menus for each restaurant can be found on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining, or you can request the Quantum Culinary Guide available through your Travel Professional. Menus are subject to change.

Q: Will there be kids’s menus in the new restaurants?
A: The five main restaurants will offer kids’s menus. Select Specialty Restaurants will also offer kid’s menus at a reduced service charge.

Q: What if I want to dine with other guests under a different booking ID number?
A: We will continue to accommodate multiple guest reservations. Guests will be able to do this through a new planning and reservations tool available on May 15th, 2014.

Q: Is the reservation process different for Groups?
A: For group reservations larger than 16 guests, please consult your group coordinator.