CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Black diamond (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/401735-black-diamond.html)

Sulross April 2nd, 2014 08:06 AM

Black diamond

Anyone heard any rumors of a new level between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle called Black Diamond? Not sure if it is true or if so how many points you need to get there, but there is a rumor of a new level.rofl

DiamondMember April 2nd, 2014 12:49 PM

Interesting, looking forward to hearing more.

Paul Motter April 2nd, 2014 01:36 PM

As I understand it, there is a big gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700), so it would be logical to add a level in there.

I don't care for the name "Black Diamond" - aren't "white diamonds" the most valuable?

Anyway - there is no official announcement - and there is a travel agency called "Black Diamond."

So - if somebody saw a sign at some get-together, chances are it was because the travel agency had a group onboard and was giving their ranking members a place to meet.

aerospace April 2nd, 2014 04:42 PM

Black diamond would probably refer to skiing, where black diamond is a very difficult area(to get to in this case).
I would say not to even think about skiing a black diamond run unless you have 10-15 years experience, so the cruise equivalent of being brand loyal of 10-15 years would probably be this level.

thecruisequeen April 2nd, 2014 07:32 PM

I have heard "Black Diamond" being tossed around. It would be nice to have a level between Plus and Pinnacle.

At the end of the day it does not matter what level I'm at. If I have a great cruise does not matter if I'm Platinum or Pinnacle. :-P8-) The 3 perks that I use as a Diamond member does not make or break the cruise.

DiamondMember April 3rd, 2014 11:31 AM

The tipping point between Diamond Plus and Pinn. is really around the 350 points mark. I could see them adding a level between 350-700. I'm sure something will come from this; the gap is pretty deep and may warrant another refresh.

Paul Motter April 3rd, 2014 12:13 PM

It is a big gap. What perks do you diamond level people use?

thecruisequeen April 3rd, 2014 02:23 PM

The perks I take advantage of are

1. Priority boarding - I like being on the shorter line at check in...:p

2. Diamond Lounge - I like to have my one Cosmo (light on the liquor) before dinner. 8-)

3. Internet minutes - I prefer to do a quick check and delete emails on a daily basis onboard rather then getting home and going through 500 emails. :twisted:

:-P:-P:-P

Dave Beers April 3rd, 2014 02:36 PM

I am at the Diamond Plus level, so, at least for the time being, I get to use both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge, which have become more alike than different in the past couple of years. However it is pretty much assured that when RCI finishes installing stand alone Diamond Lounges on all the older ships, they will make the Concierge Lounge gold card access only - meaning only those in suites and Pinnacle Club members will be able to use them. But then the Diamond Lounges also have a designated concierge, the free evening cocktails, coffee machine, etc., so it really isn't that big of deal to me, if and when it happens.

I get 45 minutes free internet, and so does my wife, so having a combined 90 minutes is a nice perk.

The biggest perk for me is probably the discount I get for a balcony or suite, and the D+ and Pinnacle members have the same amounts for this discount. It ranges from $125 to $350 based on when you booked the cruise, and the length of the cruise. So, since I booked the maiden voyage of Anthem Of The Seas the other day and it is 15 days long, I got $350 off the cruise fare.

Sulross April 3rd, 2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1498064)
The perks I take advantage of are

1. Priority boarding - I like being on the shorter line at check in...:p

2. Diamond Lounge - I like to have my one Cosmo (light on the liquor) before dinner. 8-)

3. Internet minutes - I prefer to do a quick check and delete emails on a daily basis onboard rather then getting home and going through 500 emails. :twisted:

:-P:-P:-P

On some cruises the free laundry comes in handy especially if you have been on land a few days before the ship leaves and on crossing cruises. Of course the priority disembarkation is a joke as everyone except Gold is included. And when you get high enough the lunch with an officer is nice, so you can get the latest news and the extra amenities:cry: in the cabin is nice

Dave Beers April 3rd, 2014 09:56 PM

The priority debarkation has indeed become a joke as far as it being a perk. I remember when it was Diamond and above, plus suites, and they sort of enforced it. Now it is everyone who is a C&A member. At last count, RCI had around 7 million C&A members.

aerospace April 3rd, 2014 11:27 PM

My last cruise they said there were about 700 members on board...about a third of the ship :)

DiamondMember April 4th, 2014 08:22 AM

If they create a new level, they'll have to make it worth while to achieve; like any other level. So, I would have to guess that they would enhance amenities in some areas and restrict in others. I'd agree that the double lounge access for diamond plus and diamond will probably happen at some point. I'd be disappointed in this change as their is a difference between the two lounges on Allure. The physical room for the conceige lounge on allure is totally nicer; two floors; floor to ceiling windows overseeing the boardwalk, etc. Whereas the Diamond Club is inside overlooking the royal promenade.

Dave Beers April 4th, 2014 02:52 PM

I forgot how much different the two lounges are on the Oasis class. Plus, the CL on Oasis and Allure serve a 'real' breakfast and a lunch.