Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:06 AM
First Mate

Exclamation Black diamond

Anyone heard any rumors of a new level between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle called Black Diamond? Not sure if it is true or if so how many points you need to get there, but there is a rumor of a new level.
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
First Mate

Interesting, looking forward to hearing more.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As I understand it, there is a big gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700), so it would be logical to add a level in there.

I don't care for the name "Black Diamond" - aren't "white diamonds" the most valuable?

Anyway - there is no official announcement - and there is a travel agency called "Black Diamond."

So - if somebody saw a sign at some get-together, chances are it was because the travel agency had a group onboard and was giving their ranking members a place to meet.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Captain

Black diamond would probably refer to skiing, where black diamond is a very difficult area(to get to in this case).
I would say not to even think about skiing a black diamond run unless you have 10-15 years experience, so the cruise equivalent of being brand loyal of 10-15 years would probably be this level.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM
Admiral

I have heard "Black Diamond" being tossed around. It would be nice to have a level between Plus and Pinnacle.

At the end of the day it does not matter what level I'm at. If I have a great cruise does not matter if I'm Platinum or Pinnacle. The 3 perks that I use as a Diamond member does not make or break the cruise.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
First Mate

The tipping point between Diamond Plus and Pinn. is really around the 350 points mark. I could see them adding a level between 350-700. I'm sure something will come from this; the gap is pretty deep and may warrant another refresh.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It is a big gap. What perks do you diamond level people use?
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Admiral

The perks I take advantage of are

1. Priority boarding - I like being on the shorter line at check in...

2. Diamond Lounge - I like to have my one Cosmo (light on the liquor) before dinner.

3. Internet minutes - I prefer to do a quick check and delete emails on a daily basis onboard rather then getting home and going through 500 emails.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Admiral

I am at the Diamond Plus level, so, at least for the time being, I get to use both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge, which have become more alike than different in the past couple of years. However it is pretty much assured that when RCI finishes installing stand alone Diamond Lounges on all the older ships, they will make the Concierge Lounge gold card access only - meaning only those in suites and Pinnacle Club members will be able to use them. But then the Diamond Lounges also have a designated concierge, the free evening cocktails, coffee machine, etc., so it really isn't that big of deal to me, if and when it happens.

I get 45 minutes free internet, and so does my wife, so having a combined 90 minutes is a nice perk.

The biggest perk for me is probably the discount I get for a balcony or suite, and the D+ and Pinnacle members have the same amounts for this discount. It ranges from $125 to $350 based on when you booked the cruise, and the length of the cruise. So, since I booked the maiden voyage of Anthem Of The Seas the other day and it is 15 days long, I got $350 off the cruise fare.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:34 PM
First Mate

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen View Post
The perks I take advantage of are

1. Priority boarding - I like being on the shorter line at check in...

2. Diamond Lounge - I like to have my one Cosmo (light on the liquor) before dinner.

3. Internet minutes - I prefer to do a quick check and delete emails on a daily basis onboard rather then getting home and going through 500 emails.

On some cruises the free laundry comes in handy especially if you have been on land a few days before the ship leaves and on crossing cruises. Of course the priority disembarkation is a joke as everyone except Gold is included. And when you get high enough the lunch with an officer is nice, so you can get the latest news and the extra amenities in the cabin is nice
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:56 PM
Admiral

The priority debarkation has indeed become a joke as far as it being a perk. I remember when it was Diamond and above, plus suites, and they sort of enforced it. Now it is everyone who is a C&A member. At last count, RCI had around 7 million C&A members.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:27 PM
Captain

My last cruise they said there were about 700 members on board...about a third of the ship

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:22 AM
First Mate

If they create a new level, they'll have to make it worth while to achieve; like any other level. So, I would have to guess that they would enhance amenities in some areas and restrict in others. I'd agree that the double lounge access for diamond plus and diamond will probably happen at some point. I'd be disappointed in this change as their is a difference between the two lounges on Allure. The physical room for the conceige lounge on allure is totally nicer; two floors; floor to ceiling windows overseeing the boardwalk, etc. Whereas the Diamond Club is inside overlooking the royal promenade.
Old April 4th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Admiral

I forgot how much different the two lounges are on the Oasis class. Plus, the CL on Oasis and Allure serve a 'real' breakfast and a lunch.