CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Anthem cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/401923-anthem-cruise.html)

katluc April 17th, 2014 02:31 PM

Anthem cruise

The cruise I booked on Anthem for next October is no longer listed. Does that mean they are making changes to the itinerary?

storybookcruises.com April 17th, 2014 02:48 PM

Talk to your agent, because it appears they may have made some schedule changes towards the end of the month or else their booking system is going through some modifications and will be correctly shortly.

Pete

Dave Beers April 17th, 2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katluc (Post 1498845)
The cruise I booked on Anthem for next October is no longer listed. Does that mean they are making changes to the itinerary?

Royal is doing a major reshuffling of their ships, and it includes the Anthem. Cruises in October 2015 are affected. They have canceled the October 27 four-night voyage and the October 31 transatlantic. Instead, Anthem will sail from Southampton to Bayonne on October 27, 2015. They may have revised other October sailings too.

katluc April 17th, 2014 03:10 PM

Are they going to let us know? I just talked to Royal Caribbean and they didn't say a word. Just said ship was sold out so they took down cruise...The person I was talking to sent me a copy of my cruise document and it has us leaving England on the 27th and going straight to New Jersey... I hope they let us change as my daughter can't get off that many days... :( was really looking forward to the 4 day

Dave Beers April 17th, 2014 07:27 PM

So it appears they arbitrarily moved you to the new 8 night transatlantic, without your input? You booked directly with Royal Caribbean? An agent would have headed this off before it happened.

You can cancel the booking or change it. It isn't an 'I hope they let us' thing. You still have over a year to do that before you'd get into the penalty phase. Just do not pay it in full as that is not due for a long time.

storybookcruises.com April 17th, 2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katluc (Post 1498852)
Are they going to let us know? I just talked to Royal Caribbean and they didn't say a word. Just said ship was sold out so they took down cruise...The person I was talking to sent me a copy of my cruise document and it has us leaving England on the 27th and going straight to New Jersey... I hope they let us change as my daughter can't get off that many days... :( was really looking forward to the 4 day

This is why it's better to book with an agent because they are the first ones advised when an itinerary is changed. You should be receiving notification shortly. Just keep in mind when you call the reservation people; 1) you're talking to someone who works in a call center, 2) has worked for the company for less than 6 months, 3) is not a certified travel agent, and 4) has never been on a cruise or to any of the ports.

Often, what they tell you is not necessarily the most accurate information. As I always tell people, if you don't like what the reservation person is telling you, hang up and call back, you're bound to get a different answer.

Pete