CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Age Demographics on Brillance of the seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/402215-age-demographics-brillance-seas.html)

missemo12345 May 13th, 2014 07:28 AM

Age Demographics on Brillance of the seas

The only reason I ask is my daughter is considering sailing with her children she has watched many videos posted and commented on the age of clients on the ship? She is going to sail in either March or April she is unsure if this is a kid friendly ship. Please share your thoughts if you have sailed and found the ship is occupied by all ages. Thank you very kindly..

Paul Motter May 13th, 2014 02:09 PM

Royal Caribbean has excellent children;s programs and I am sure the kids will have a very fun time. You do not mention their ages but I think you hsould go to the Royal Caribbean site and look u p the ship, and then look at "children;s programs"

Of course, for kids a lot depends on how many other kids the same age (or similar) are on the curise, but there are plenty of kids on most Royal Caribbean cruises.

I assume you have never cruised before? Almost any mainstream cruise line like Royal caribbean (Carnival, NCL) is going to have plenty of things for kids to do. If you are wondering about ships that do NOT cater to kids, look at the luxury lines like Regent, Silversea, Seabourn or Oceania.

Donna May 13th, 2014 03:18 PM

You also may be going during a "spring" break period, if so, then there should be plenty of kids onboard too.

storybookcruises.com May 13th, 2014 04:56 PM

As was already stated, it really depends on exactly when you're going. If it is during Spring Break, there will be alot of children. Other times not so much.

The Radiance-class ships, of which the Brilliance of the Seas is one, are really nice ships - our favorite within the RCCL fleet. However, while they do have a nice children's program, it is relatively small by comparison to other classes of ships that are alot more 'kid friendly', such as the Voyager-class, Freedom-class, or Oasis-class ships.

But again, this would also depend on the ages of the children. Younger kids will find the Brilliance to be fine, but tweens and teens would much prefer the other classes of ship to be a whole lot better for them. And of course as all parents know, if the kids are happy, the parents are happy!

Pete

TimmyK May 14th, 2014 02:24 PM

I took my 5 grandkids on Freedom of the Seas. We chose this ship for the kids programs. I have sailed the smaller ships; and while they do offer kids activities; the space is limited. Freedom and Oasis class ships have a lot more space and offer a lot more activities for the kids. My one grandson spent the entire week surfing on the flow rider.