Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Priority Boarding

Hey all! I have a trip planned on Liberty 2/9/15 and am going with my mother. It is not my first cruise as I am a crown and anchor member, but it's the first cruise I have personally paid for and managed. This is my mothers first cruise. Is there any way to get priority check in for both of us? I was surprised to learn that it didn't apply to the stateroom but only to me. I can't just leave her in the dust. Any tips? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

What level are you at in Crown and Anchor? If you are Platinum or over you, and your mother, should get priority boarding. However, there are so many Platinum and higher cruisers it may not be worth it. On our last Royal Caribbean cruise on Freedom OTS the lines for regular check-in were shorter than the "priority" lines.

If you are eligible for priority boarding I would just have your mom go along with you. If they don't let her check-in with you I would explain you are in the same cabin and she is your mother. If that doesn't work then just go to the regular line.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Admiral

They won't separate you if you are traveling together. In fact, if you are in the same cabin and using the same onboard account you should be on the same Set Sail pass, so actually they can't separate you because you have to check in together. But even if you have separate Set Sail passes, they'll let you stay together. Happens all the time.

And Mike is correct that oftentimes the regular line moves faster than the special lanes for C&A members and suites.

One important thing to note about the Liberty Of The Seas and debarkation day. The terminal used at Port Everglades has been a pain for the past couple of years when it comes to leaving the ship. Nobody can pinpoint it but everything seems slower than it ought to be. The layout creates a walk from the ship (on the pier) to get inside and then you have the baggage and Customs drills to play. Depending on which day your cruise ends, Customs can be shorthanded. I say all of this to make one point - do not book early flights home. I would not consider anything before noon, just to be safe.