CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Need some fast help about The Vision of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/402608-need-some-fast-help-about-vision-seas.html)

SueZ June 13th, 2014 06:40 PM

Need some fast help about The Vision of the Seas

I have 3 questions about Vision of the Seas. This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise. We have taken 5 Princess cruises and wanted to try RCI. We are leaving on June 23rd for a 5 day Western Caribbean.

Question 1 : We had no clue that we were supposed to reserve show seats. Is this true and if so, is it going to be a nightmare when we try and see a show or what? This is making us uptight. We aren't used to show reservations.

Question 2: Are the beds comfortable? The beds on Princess are a nightmare. We have both have bad backs and we end up semi crippled from those beds. Last time I brought a heavy bed topper and that helped. But that was a HUGE hassle, as we had to pack a suitcase with that alone in it. OY. I would love to not have to drag that this time.

Question 3: I got a Royal Replenishment beverage package. It says PREMIUM coffees on there. Does that mean lattes? I hate the coffee on ships and REALLY enjoy my lattes. I hope they have soy lattes, since I cannot drink dairy. Almond milk would be a Godsend. (IF lattes are even included in that beverage package). God knows I have tried to get an answer to this and I get a different answer each time from RCI. I don't know if PREMIUM is different than SPECIALTY (which is not in this package).

Help you guys!!! We are clueless and are leaving to go out of town to FL in 4 days.

Donna June 13th, 2014 07:14 PM

Hi Sue,
Question 1 : We had no clue that we were supposed to reserve show seats. Is this true and if so, is it going to be a nightmare when we try and see a show or what? This is making us uptight. We aren't used to show reservations

You can go to the Royal Caribbean web site and add in all your pre-cruise information. They should also have an area where you can pre book any reservations if required. I know it is a good idea on both Oasis and Allure of the seas, but not sure if they offer that for Vision of the seas.

I have found the beds to be very comfortable, never had a problem...I do love the bed pillows, covers, etc.

Have never purchase the coffee package, but I would hope and think the lattes. Also, not sure about the soy, may-be ask your travel agent.

I bet you will enjoy Royal Caribbean, have a great time.

SausPud June 15th, 2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueZ (Post 1502196)
Question 1 : We had no clue that we were supposed to reserve show seats. Is this true and if so, is it going to be a nightmare when we try and see a show or what? This is making us uptight. We aren't used to show reservations.

As Donna says and I will as well, you DON'T need to on Vision of the Seas but on Oasis and Quantum Class ships you do.

Quote:

Question 2: Are the beds comfortable? The beds on Princess are a nightmare. We have both have bad backs and we end up semi crippled from those beds. Last time I brought a heavy bed topper and that helped. But that was a HUGE hassle, as we had to pack a suitcase with that alone in it. OY. I would love to not have to drag that this time.

The beds are wonderful and better than we have at home. I always sleep very well on board. I am a large gentleman and have back problems but these beds solve all that. Also a Spa treatment helps loads with back pain.

Quote:

Question 3: I got a Royal Replenishment beverage package. It says PREMIUM coffees on there. Does that mean lattes? I hate the coffee on ships and REALLY enjoy my lattes. I hope they have soy lattes, since I cannot drink dairy. Almond milk would be a Godsend. (IF lattes are even included in that beverage package). God knows I have tried to get an answer to this and I get a different answer each time from RCI. I don't know if PREMIUM is different than SPECIALTY (which is not in this package).

What this means is that you get the special coffees that cost extra in all the bars and restaurants for free. Its the Starbucks drinks but not in the Starbucks shop (they still charge for that but Vision didn't have Starbucks shop on board when I was on it in 2011.) So at meal times when you want a latte, you can for no extra charge or you get the bland plain coffee served instead. When you get on board, look at a drinks menu and it will show what is premium, speciality (normal cocktails or high priced drinks i.e. 15 year old Rum etc.) and normal.

Anything else just ask. I will monitor this thread and respond as quickly as possible for you.

Villager June 20th, 2014 02:02 PM

Vision OTS

Sue,

I just got off the Vision yesterday. I will address question number 2, regarding the beds. I found the bed to be uncomfortable the first night. My back did not like it at all. I spoke to the cabin attendant the next morning and he swapped out the offending mattress and I was perfectly comfortable for the remainder of the 10 night cruise. Hope that helps.

Bob