CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Just for fun. Name Oasis III (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/402664-just-fun-name-oasis-iii.html)

beachbum13 June 18th, 2014 09:32 PM

Just for fun. Name Oasis III
 
Adam Goldstein just called and wants you to name Oasis III. The ship is headed for China and he wants a name that will appeal to the Chinese people.

I'm clueless! A friend suggested "Mazu of the Seas". Mazu means godess?

Google helped me find these...
Xian Dao of the Seas ( Xian Dao means 'Pioneer'/'Leader'?)

Yin Qui of the Seas (Yin Qui which might mean mean 'Heroic Spirit' with female undertones)

ship2shore June 18th, 2014 10:23 PM

Godzilla of the Seas?

(oops, sorry, that would be for Japan)

Dragon of the Seas then

SausPud June 19th, 2014 05:56 AM

Why not keep it simple:
Lǜzhōu of the Seas (which means Oasis)

Trip June 19th, 2014 10:37 AM

Jade East...Golden Jade, Enchanted Bamboo, Asia Treasure.....Ok I'll stop now.

Dave Beers June 19th, 2014 11:20 AM

RCI trademarked three names last year that have not been used: Passion Of the Seas, Pulse OTS, Ovation OTS.

briguy June 20th, 2014 10:52 AM

Give it a Chinese name and then watch Royal homeport it in Europe...

Manuel June 20th, 2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy (Post 1502529)
Give it a Chinese name and then watch Royal homeport it in Europe...



The name of a ship is not what makes for a great cruise. A Chinese name in Europe would not be a problem.


TM

Donna June 20th, 2014 05:17 PM

I love, "Passion of the Seas".....how long before we know what her name is?

TimmyK June 20th, 2014 07:42 PM

Dragon of the Seas. Or since it's a ship, Morey of the Seas.

Dave Beers June 20th, 2014 09:55 PM

Of the three trademarked names I also think Passion OTS is the best one.

I really wish they'd use previous names, the way Princess does. I'd love to see another Sun Viking, Song Of Norway, or Nordic Empress for example, instead of the 'of the seas' stuff.

SausPud June 21st, 2014 05:06 AM

When you hear or see "... of the Seas", you automatically know it's a Royal Caribbean ship. That brand recognition is huge and isn't going to change and IMHO I like the seas on a cruise ship name.

thecruisequeen June 21st, 2014 01:08 PM

Another vote for Passion of the Seas!! And Royal needs to stick with all their ships being "of the Seas"....:D

I don't care what they name the new ships...

Royal caribbean cruises are FUN FUN FUN!!!


CRUISEFAN0001 June 21st, 2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beers (Post 1502549)
Of the three trademarked names I also think Passion OTS is the best one.

Agree.

briguy June 22nd, 2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1502539)
The name of a ship is not what makes for a great cruise. A Chinese name in Europe would not be a problem.


TM



I made this comment tongue in cheek.

MTL June 23rd, 2014 09:17 AM

Ship name
 
What about "Asian of the Seas "


Nice day everyone


MTL

TimmyK June 23rd, 2014 12:16 PM

I don't think Royal Caribbean would want to name a ship with a Asian name; since at some point they will place the ship in another part of the world. Asian of the Seas; would not sound good sailing out of Europe or Miami.

Paul Motter June 23rd, 2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beers (Post 1502482)
RCI trademarked three names last year that have not been used: Passion Of the Seas, Pulse OTS, Ovation OTS.

I can see why they have never been used. I think of all the cruise lines I find RC to be the worst at naming. Never give a ship a name the suggest a land fixture like "Oasis" or "Summit"

I would name it "Genesis of the Seas" like the original project name- I loved that name, except I really wanted them to drop "of the Seas" - I really hate having to type so many letters every time I refer to Royal Caribbean ships.

bonnyprincecharlie June 23rd, 2014 04:28 PM

Gengis Kahn of the Sea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1502653)
I can see why they have never been used. I think of all the cruise lines I find RC to be the worst at naming. Never give a ship a name the suggest a land fixture like "Oasis" or "Summit"

I would name it "Genesis of the Seas" like the original project name- I loved that name, except I really wanted them to drop "of the Seas" - I really hate having to type so many letters every time I refer to Royal Caribbean ships.

Orientals would like Genghis Kahn of the Seas.

bonnyprincecharlie June 24th, 2014 06:06 AM

Royal good name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie (Post 1502667)
Orientals would like Genghis Kahn of the Seas.

Submitted in response to my beer question above.

Not being much of a wine drinker, can't help you with that. As for beer, there may be something, but I don't of any. Royal Caribbean had a microbrew several years ago that was called Royal - it was a Belgian ale that I thought was very good. Don't know why they stop it, but I definitely hated to see it go away.

Trip June 24th, 2014 10:31 AM

I think my ship, Pearl of the Seas has sailed....:(

SausPud June 24th, 2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1502653)
I really wanted them to drop "of the Seas" - I really hate having to type so many letters every time I refer to Royal Caribbean ships.

You could always use the world known abbreviation (also used by Royal Caribbean themselves) OTS instead of "of the Seas", but I like the name and you know where it belongs when you hear it. But I agree that typing it out all the time is a lot. Try OTS as in Oasis OTS.
I think we need this to become common practice for all.

Manuel June 25th, 2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SausPud (Post 1502708)
You could always use the world known abbreviation (also used by Royal Caribbean themselves) OTS instead of "of the Seas", but I like the name and you know where it belongs when you hear it. But I agree that typing it out all the time is a lot. Try OTS as in Oasis OTS.
I think we need this to become common practice for all.




Of course there are some people who don't mind typing . , Of the Seas. LOL


TM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1