CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Oasis of the Seas for my family (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/402777-oasis-seas-my-family.html)

ellachloe June 28th, 2014 07:54 PM

Oasis of the Seas for my family

Everyone in my family is happy with the oasis of the seas except for the 18year old.
Trying to find out some activities for an 18year old boy, would he be allowed in the teen activities?
He is not into clubs or bars or anything like that, and slightly interested in zip line and rock climbing but doesn't want it to be packed with 10year olds. Just trying anything to convince him so please help!! :)

Donna June 28th, 2014 08:37 PM

It is hard to believe that anyone, any age can't find things to do onboard Oasis or Allure of the Seas....Most likely, he'll meet up with young adults his age and find things of interest. There is always the pools and any meet and greet for that age group would be the best thing to start on. There are some great entertainment as well...I'm sure he'll go and love it.

Manuel June 28th, 2014 10:00 PM

All I can say is I wish that I was 18 and going on a cruise period.

Now to go on the Oasis is as good as it gets. As Donna said, I can't see anyone going on the Oasis and not have a good time.

TM

ellachloe June 28th, 2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1502924)
It is hard to believe that anyone, any age can't find things to do onboard Oasis or Allure of the Seas....Most likely, he'll meet up with young adults his age and find things of interest. There is always the pools and any meet and greet for that age group would be the best thing to start on. There are some great entertainment as well...I'm sure he'll go and love it.

Thank you, I think I will make him go and see how he gets on sure he will like it more than expected.

ellachloe June 28th, 2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1502926)
All I can say is I wish that I was 18 and going on a cruise period.

Now to go on the Oasis is as good as it gets. As Donna said, I can't see anyone going on the Oasis and not have a good time.

TM

Thanks, so you say there are a lot of things to do right?

Manuel June 28th, 2014 10:25 PM

There are plenty of activities and a lot of nice people to meet.

TM

thecruisequeen June 28th, 2014 10:32 PM

Cruiselines really need to have a more organized program for the 18 to 20 year olds.

On Oasis for an 18 year old there is a get together for that age group in the evening in the nightclub a table by the DJ booth. Just a few attend (of course each sailing will be different). The 18 year old is no longer allowed in the kids club and they do check ages.

I think an 18 year old should be allowed in the kids club....not all 18 year olds want to go to the nightclub and many 18 year olds prefer a structured kids club to meet and hang out with kids their age and play video games too.

That said Oasis class ships are awesome with plenty to do. If an 18 year old is outgoing and friendly then they should not have a problem meeting others. However and 18 year old that is shy and quiet may find it hard to meet other his/her age.

Zipline, Ice skating, Flowrider and rock climbing just some of the activities.

When are you on Oasis?
Have a great cruise!!

Manuel June 29th, 2014 07:01 AM

I will say once again, ' I wish I was 18 and cruising on the Oasis'.

As far as I am concerned you can have a great time in that awesome ship no matter how young or how old you are.

TM

TimmyK June 29th, 2014 11:29 AM

I think your son would have fun on the flow rider he can boogie board or surf standing up. Zip line is cool and you can always find a basketball game going on. The video arcade area is pretty big

Matelot June 29th, 2014 06:09 PM

Has he ever cruised before? Are you cruising in school/college vacation dates? It makes a big difference to the demographic onboard...

SausPud June 30th, 2014 03:25 PM

If your 18 year old is struggling for things to do on Oasis, then he is going to find every other cruise impossible. There is so much for him to do and with nearly 6,000 passengers, he should be able to make new friends as well.