Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Default Dynamic Dining Coming To Oasis Of The Seas

As I suspected when Dynamic Dining was announced for the Quantum, RCI has announced that Oasis Of The Seas will have the DD concept added to the ship during it's refit this October in Europe.

No details yet, but it would seem obvious that the MDR will be broken up into smaller restaurants.

I imagine the same will happen when Allure goes in to the shipyard.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Admiral

RCI just tweeted that while the modifications will be made in October, the Dynamic Dining won't go live on Oasis until March 2015.
Old August 27th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I wonder how they will do it - maybe make the three-level dining room into three different dining rooms?

That is kind of how it is done on Quantum.

I guess they are serious about taking apart the old cruise mold - and attracting a new kind of clientele that "does not like regimentation"

(actually, they just want a different style of regimentation - see, if we likened traditional dining to "a RW (real world) Facebook where you share the same experiences with your regular friends every day" they would probably prefer it.)
Old August 27th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Admiral

I haven't thought about it that way, but I agree that it is still a form of regimentation. After all, what have all the Quantum guests been doing for the past few months? We've been reserving tables at the various dining venues for each night of our cruises, months before the cruise occurs. So we are complying and submitting to the regimentation of a schedule. We can't say yet, but it seems that merely walking up to whatever restaurant suits you on a particular evening and getting seated quickly isn't going to be easy.

Three separate dining rooms would be the easiest and most logical thing to do, and that would also allow each galley on Oasis (currently each MDR level has it's own galley, with the top level also providing room service orders) to be remodeled for that levels new cuisine. For example if the middle level was going to be the Silk restaurant it would need some stir fry cooking stations installed.
Old August 28th, 2014, 03:45 PM
First Mate

While it's nice to have change and all these choices what I don't like is having to plan my whole vacation. I feel like my whole vacation on Quantum I'm going to be checking my schedule.

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Old August 28th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Admiral

I must admit that this will be interesting. I will be on the Oasis in June 2015. Having sailed on the Oasis before, Dynamic Dining will be a change. I'm excited about Dynamic Dining on my Quantum Cruise Dec. 1st. Not so sure about the Oasis though.