Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2014, 08:58 PM
First Mate

Default Quantum/Anthem of the Seas

The more I read about these ships the more I'm beginning to like them. When they were first announced I said no big deal. But Royal keeps adding more neat things to the ship.
1. State of the art wifi
2. Bracelet with chip built in to access room and pay for drinks
3. Ongoing shows all over the ship. Daytime shows plus a variety of nighttime shows
4. Bumper cars turns into dance floor at night
Plus a lot more neat resturants.

**** who's going and who's getting excited bout these ships?

My wife's Retirement Cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am booked for Anthem of the Seas in July 2015 from Southampton for 14 days doing Italy, Spain, France, and Portugal
and then booked again for Anthem with friends in October 2015 for 3 days from Southampton doing Bruges and Paris.
The second trip is a key event. This gives me 3 Crown and Anchor points that will take me to the next tier, ready for the next years big cruise. Also it is my 40th Birthday and my friends 40th Wedding Anniversary, so one big cake with a 40 on it and we can share.

Also so looking forward to the Anthem. I am a big gadget geek and am loving all his "Smart" technology being used for practical reasons (luggage RFID tags) and entertainment (Robo screens).

Need some cruise help?
Old September 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I also hope to, some day give these ships a try, I bet the entertainment is going to be great!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 14th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I also hope to, some day give these ships a try, I bet the entertainment is going to be great!

I am sure that the entertainment will be great.

On RCL ships it always is.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:59 PM
First Mate

From what I've been reading Royal is pulling out all the stops to distance themselves from other cruise lines. Technology is king. I bet they start putting tech stuff into their onboard app. Apple's new iphone 6 has apple pay and I bet Royal Caribbean will have some sort of similar pay system on their new ships. The shows on their web site look pretty cool. Anyway. Thanks for chatting

Old September 20th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyK View Post
From what I've been reading Royal is pulling out all the stops to distance themselves from other cruise lines. Technology is king. I bet they start putting tech stuff into their onboard app. Apple's new iphone 6 has apple pay and I bet Royal Caribbean will have some sort of similar pay system on their new ships. The shows on their web site look pretty cool. Anyway. Thanks for chatting
TimmyK, always a pleasure chatting to you.
With Apple's "new" pay system, it uses NFC technology which has been available on android for years and years. Unlike Android, Apple will only allow you to pay with this tech, whereas Android will allow you to share data and setup settings with it, i.e. a NFC Tag in your car, so you tap it with your phone and your phone goes into driving mode, switches on bluetooth and pairs with the car.
In the UK, we have multiple uses for NFC. For Example, on our Trains, when you are about to get off, by the door, is a NFC tag. You put your phone on it and then you get offers and discounts on things in the area where you just got off.
Royal Caribbean will be using this same tech in their wristband (The WOW Band) to open your cabin door, buy drinks and services with and find where you are on board from the interactive notice boards.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:59 AM
First Mate

Well the ship is up and running. I saw a few videos of the ship; it looks great