Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2000, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Default Handicapped access

Looking for information on handicapped access on any of the Seaborne ships, esp. from someone who has stayed in one of the handicapped cabins.
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2000, 08:58 PM
Babette

Default RE: Handicapped access

Hi, I've just returned from the Seabourn Pride. I would not recommend this ship or her sisters, Legend and Spirit for anyone who is mobility challenged.

There are sills in many doorways. Some very narrow and tight corners. The elevators are very small. On our Caribbean itinerary we mostly tendered.. and depending on the tides....... very difficult to get from the tender to the dock.

The Pride, Legend, Spirit, Goddess I & II have all been given a "D" rating by Berlitz for their handicapped accessibility. The Sun receives an "A" for accessibility.
However, I think Crystal is more in tune with the needs of the mobility challenged.
Old December 10th, 2000, 01:55 AM
Surlok

Default RE: Handicapped access

I stayed in one hadicapped suite on the Legend. I'm not handiccaped, thus it's difficult to figure out what wasn't adequate. I felt the space between the bed and dressing table is a little tight for a wheelchair, and also the bathroom wasn't large enough for someone who has difficulties in moving.
There wasn't a separated shower, but a small bathtub.

On another note, has any past, repeated guest of Seabourn sailed on one of their ships lately, except for the Sun?

I was very disappointed with my last cruise on the Legend, I'd like to know what is the general impression of the ships since Carnival took over.
Old January 1st, 2003, 03:35 PM
BVilter

Default Re: Handicapped access

It depends on the degree of handicap...The cabins are pretty small for wheelchairs, but the bathrooms are greeat for shhowering!! The staff is very helpful, and on a couple of cruises on the egend, I have taken a wheelchair, which was trotted out only when I needed it..ie St. Petersburg and The Alhambra.
Old December 19th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Passenger

Default Oh, C'mon

Judging from what you've wrote here, I don't think you understand anything about it.
Old January 14th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Handicapped

While I haven't looked at these ships from the handicapped passenger angle, I want to add that they are older vessels would lack many of the improved handicapped access you'll find on ships built a decade or more later.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.