Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:49 PM
Yvonne

Default Seaborn Legend 1/31/04

We are boarding ship in Fort Lauderdale, cruising thru the Panama Canal and ending up in Caldera, Costa Rica. I have booked my pre cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale, but can anyone give me information on where they have stayed in Caldera and what they did while there? We thought we might spend several days in Caldera.....
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2003, 02:13 PM
bgood

Default Re: Seaborn Legend 1/31/04

Hi Yvonne.

What you do in Costa Rica will depend on your interests. Caldera is a very ( very) small community and doesn't hold a lot of interest for most visitors. It is a port where the ship can embark and disembark guests from San Jose ( the capital). You probably would be happier going on up to San Jose for a couple of days ( you'll doubtless fly from there anyway.) That said, there are wonderful eco-resorts on the Pacific coast and the Pacific slope, if you're into that. Costa Rica sits on the boundary between two bio-systems and hasd an amazing diversity of wildlife and birdlife. I'd suggest you contact Swiss Travel Service, an established and reputable inbound tour company in San Jose. Emilia Gamboa and Dieter Melchior are hospitable and knowledgeable pros who can help you design a great stay for your self in Costa Rica. www.swisstravelcr.com
Tel 506-282-4898

Disfrute!

bgood