Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Yvonne

Default Seabourn Legend dress code?

Just how dressy do we get? We are cruising Jan. 31st from Florida thru the Panama Canal and ending in Puerto Caldera Cost Rica. Have sailed before but only on "casual" type lines........ Thanks for any info you can give me
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Winner

Default Re: Seabourn Legend dress code?

Hi and welcome to the Seabourn family--you will love Legend's great food and service.

First and last nights are casual and there are usually two formal (tuxedo or dark suit for men and dressy cocktail or evening wear for women) while the rest are elegant casual (jacket , no tie required for men and resort dressy for women). That being said, Caribbean cruises in general tend to be more informal. Your TA should be able to guide you on "dressiness" on Seabourn Caribbean cruises.

The verandah grill is now open nightly and dress there is generally casual. But don't bother bringing jeans--it's too warm in the Caribbean for them anyway.

Have a great cruise.
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Passenger

I think that people do trend to dress up more on Seaborn then on some of the other lines. On the two Seaborn cruises we have been on I would say about 65-70% of the men did wear tuxes on formal nights and most of the woman in long gowns or long skirts and dressy tops
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

My understanding is that older Seabourn clientele tends to take these smaller ships so they get a bit dressier.

My guess is that you are safe taking a tux and will not be out of place, but if you prefer to just take dark less formal clothese that is acceptable, too.

That no longer have mandatory formal on any ships, it is "formal optional" now.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Familiar Face

Although the Tux is still worn by most Gentlemen on Formal evenings,especially on the smaller yachts
The larger ships give you more options to dine in different locations more casually attired,therefore attracting those that are seeking a more dressed down look.
I do not mean dressed down NCL look. :o