Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2004, 11:38 PM
SW

Default Concerned

Does anyone have news on how the Seabourn Spirit is faring given the earthquake and tsunami Dec 26th? I have dear friends aboard and am wondering whether they've been affected ... They would have just arrived at Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam around the time of the earthquake ... Thanks (I tried sending a note to Seabourn but couldn't get it through for some reason)
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Erika
Default Re: Concerned

If you receive any news about the seaborn spirit, please contact me. Urgently.
Old December 27th, 2004, 03:41 PM
kellyroberts

Nothing in Vietnam was hit by the tsunami, so I would expect the ship and her passengers to be fine. If they had any stops in the affected areas, their itinerary will probably be changed.

I just heard a report in MSNBC that talked about ships in the ocean during a tsunami and the experts said a ship most likely would not know there was a problem because the rush of water would be far under a ship's keel.
Old December 28th, 2004, 08:54 PM
SW

Default Re: Re: Concerned

Heard from my friend's daughter tonight ... all seems to be well with the Spirit and her passengers.
Old January 27th, 2005, 04:13 PM
bgood

Spirit was in Saigon and unaware of the earthquake or tsunamis until they saw it on the news. They were nortyhbound in the China Sea towards Hong Kong and didn't return for over two weeks to Singapore. They cancelled one scheduled call at Phuket and one at Colombo later in April. Hope to return to Phuket in early March as scheduled. There wasome concern for crew members who left the ship on Dec. 19 to holiday in Thailand, but they turned up on the east coast of Thailand and also didn't feel a thing.

bgood