Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Beverley Howard

Default Spirit Nov 8 Mombasa

We are booked from Mombasa to Singapore November 8. Any once else on this Seychelles cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Beginner

Default Delights of the Seychelles

Hi there,

Think I posted a response in the wrong place!
However, believe I have now placed this correctly.
Yes, I too am travelling on the Spirit on the 8th November.
You are the first person to specify taking this particular cruise.
Which country are you based in?
No doubt it will be another wonderful Seabourn voyage.
Old September 13th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Beginner

Good'Day Judy, we are from Perth in Western Australia. Glad somebody read my post, its all new to me. We have sailed Silversea but this is the first time with Seabourn. Are you staying in Mombasa prior to the cruise?
Regards, Beverley and Cliff
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am so jealous, when do I get to go to Mombasa?
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Beginner

Default The wonders of technology!

Firstly, to Beverley.

Thanks for response.

Yes, we are doing a Safari first and then spending a night in Mombassa before joining the ship the next day. Staying at the Serena Beach which I am told is lovely. Seeing is believing! I guess your question implied you are also staying in Mombassa.

As for Seabourn they are I feel quite unique.

Have travelled on their ships previously and even though small things may change slightly, the lasting impression is always the desire to return as soon as pssible.

My husband and I have always been fortunate enough to meet intelligent, entertaining and interesting fellow travellers ensuring a highly enjoyable trip. As for the crew, they go out of their way to deliver an almost faultless service.

They are unique because the staff on board always endeavour to create a wonderful ambience which other ships do not seem able to accomplish.

Even though the ship by today's standards is small and the seas are not always kind to its passengers, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as other people do.

As for Paul's comment, other than to get my sympathy vote, I am unclear why you seem to want to know when to take this cruise. It leaves on the 8th November so I am sure if you ask Seabourn they will be able to find you a suite!

Kind regards.

Judy in London
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Beginner

Hello Judy, thanks for your reply. Yes we are really looking forward to the cruise and meeting new and interesting people.

Had I known you were in London I would have mentioned the cricket! Congratulations, we had held the Ashes too long. Some of our players are getting on a bit now, just like us! so its time they retired and let some new blood into the game.

We shall have to make some arrangements to have a drink prior to sailing -"Out of Africa" I will contact you nearer the time, not quite sure where we are staying in Mombasa, our TA is checking out the hotel with the best security, apparently Mombasa has a very high crime rate. I don't know why I mentioned crime in Mombasa, my very elderly parents in UK have just been robbed whilst they were asleep upstairs.

We are both suffering from heavy colds so should be A1 in another week - hopefully.

Kind Regards, Beverley and Cliff[/b]
Old September 14th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Default Speedy Recovery

Beverley I do trust that you and your husband make a quick recovery. You need to be 100% fit to prepare for the social whirlwind that Seabourn seems to offer.

Yes, I am well aware that crime is prevalent in both Nairobi and Mombassa. It is not our intention to venture out of either hotels I can assure you, as much as I would wish to wander around the close proximity of both towns.

I am so sorry to hear that your parents were the innocent victims of yet more crime. Hopefully, neither of them were harmed which is most important.

Thank you for the good wishes re the cricket. It was nice that the country had something to celebrate after all the recent atrocities which have taken place here.

I shall look forward to hearing from you when you decide where to stay in Mombassa.

Best wishes.

Judy and her happy cricket fan Stewart
Old September 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Hello Judy, we are also staying the night prior to the cruise at the Serena Beach Hotel. Our flight doesnt get in till 6.30pm so we won't have much time to enjoy the facilities. Our TA didn't have a hotel in her system to book us in to "downtown" Mombasa and she knows that the Serena Beach is very good with hotel security.

Not long now before we depart... we are both looking forward to the cruise. I saw your post on another cruise message board, do you think we shoud use this one or the other? Doesn't matter to me much but it seems the other one is used by more Seaborn passengers than this.

The awful 'flu we had is now over - 2 weeks is a long time. This means we are fit and shall face all the luxury Seaborn offers with joy and pleasure. It will be interesting comparing Silversea with Seaborn as they both claim to be the best!

Look forward to meeting yourself and Stewart in November.

Regards,
Beverley and Cliff
Old November 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Beginner

Default Pirates attack Seabourn

Pirates attacked the Seabourn Spirit off of the coast of Somalia enroute to Mombasa, Kenya. I hope that everyone is ok.