Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default When you cruise agian what would you do different?

When you cruise again what would you do different?
* Pack different?
* Plan different?
* Pick a different stateroom?
* Pick a different dinning room time?
* Choose a different sailing itinerary?
* Spend less on ?????
* Spend less on photos?
* Drink less?
* Eat less?
* Book a cruise longer than the last one?
* Do more or less in port excursions?
* Stay on board the ship at some ports?

Add your own comments on what you would do more or less. Cruising is fun but everyone has their own do and don't do ideas.
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

* Pack different?

definitely. I always find I take too many clothes. You really do not get that "dirty" aboard a cruise ship - so you can actualy wear the same socks two days in a row.

* Plan different?

I like a standaard balcony.

The itinerary is always an important consideration. Probably #1, so I wouls say I doubt I would do much diferently.

* Spend less on ?????
* Spend less on photos?

I never spend anything on photos.

* Drink less?

Yes - I do not like felling like I drank too much and missed something I wanted to do.

* Eat less?

When I indulge in port I am usually glad I did. I am not one to stay onboard - except in the Caribbean where I have seen as much as I need to see.

Not really - unless there is something on board you really want to do (spa, swim, exercise, nap...)

Old November 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

* Pack different? I have downsized considerably since stringent charges began, but, I can still do better...

* Pick a different stateroom? I usally get a balcony or ov midship,and will continue to
* Pick a different dinning room time? I like early, used to do late, but don';t want to still be eating at 1o pm anymore
* Choose a different sailing itinerary? I see a southern in my future.

* Spend less on photos? I don't take any photos anymore,,I got smart
* Drink less? Usually just a bottle or 2 of wine for a week..I am a cheap date!
* Eat less? I never went crazy with overindulging, so no...
* Book a cruise longer than the last one? I am a happy camper with 7 days, call me crazy....
* Do more or less in port excursions? I would love to do more and be more adventuresome.
* Stay on board the ship at some ports I think staying on board is a crime, unless you are in Jamaica

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; November 26th, 2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

* Pack different?
I have my packing down fairly well. I like Country Club Casual cruises and while I don't dress like a slob I do not miss the jacket and tie nor the suit or tuxedo.

* Plan different?
Perhaps: On my last cruise I went to a new destination (Roatan) and relied on a few people who said there was nothing to do there so I just booked a beach day. I sort of kick myself for not seeing as much of a new place as I could. It's what I usually do, Only you can form your own opinion of a new place.

I book a balcony cabin or better and I am usually happy with that. My last balcony cabin, on Epic, left a little to be desired but it was not terrible.

I like Freestyle or Open Seating dining and it's what I now look for. If I do have traditional I now choose early. I'm getting too old for late seating.

I always look for an itinerary that goes somewhere I haven't been before. The Caribbean is getting a little old.

* Spend less on ?????
Alternative restaurants. On Epic we had $600 in OBC and still had a final bill just over $500. Didn't drink that much and gambling didn't go on the account. We did do two ship's excursions and that accounted for a large chunk.

* Spend less on photos?
Hardly ever buy one.

* Drink less?
Don't really drink that much.

* Eat less?
Nope: Eating interesting food is one of the main reasons I cruise.

I would love all cruises to be 10 days or more but sometimes that's just not possible.

Do as much in a new port as possible. Caribbean ports, that I've been to a number of times, such as Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios, I may just stay on the ship.

See above

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

* Pack different?
I wish I could pack "lighter" but somehow never seem to manage it. I have cut down on some of hubbies things, but that just leaves more room for some extras for me! As far as Formal clothes.....we now squash hubbys tux in the bottom of our carry on and just get it cleaned when we board! All sparkling fresh for the first Formal night!

* Plan different?
I think I already plan pretty well.

On Seabourn I would be happy with any suite as long as it has a bathtub!

Again on Seabourn.....its dine when you want. I wouldnt like a crusie with "set" dinner times.

I spend a lot of time looking at itineraries so am always happy with what I have chosen.....just wish I could choose more of them!

* Spend less on ?????
Once again on Seabourn, there is really nothing much to spend on. You can pay extra for finer wines...but we are Aussies....we drink anything... the included wines are fine for us.

* Spend less on photos?
There are no photo sales on Seabourn. I takes thousands of photos every trip but of course digital dont cost anything. Photos used to be a huge expense for me so thank goodness some clever person invented digital!

* Drink less?
Ummmmm nope....wont agree to that one!

* Eat less?
Again......no thanks

My cruises seem to get longer every time....my very first was 55 days....second was 83 days (I think)....third one I went backwards a bit and it was only 26 days....next one I am jumping up again and it will be 102!

Depends on the Ports. We like a mixture of ships excursions, and wandering around on our own.

We would probably still leave the ship even if only for an hour or two....just to have a bit of exercise, after all that eating and drinking that we are not cutting back on!

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspepper View Post
* Pack different?not really
* Plan different?no
* Pick a different stateroom?possibly
* Pick a different dinning room time?yes
* Choose a different sailing itinerary? no
* Spend less on ?????no
* Spend less on photos?I never buy any
* Drink less?I don't drink
* Eat less?eat more
* Book a cruise longer than the last one?definitely
* Do more or less in port excursions?more
* Stay on board the ship at some ports?not likely

Add your own comments on what you would do more or less. Cruising is fun but everyone has their own do and don't do ideas.
Cruising with friends for the first time ever
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Let's see:

* Pack different? I pack fairly conservatively as is. My DW...well that is another story. And that ain't gunna change.

* Plan different? Nope. I love to plan to a degree. I think one of the greatest faults in "travel" is that people plan too much. By having everything organized to check things off you miss so many opportunities to really "travel" and experience a place.

* Pick a different stateroom? I think too much time is spent by some trying to find the "perfect" stateroom. That said, I do look at logistics...like Deck 7 midship is IMHO the best location on Seabourn's big sisters.

* Pick a different dinning room time? On Seabourn you dine when you want...which changes as the day dictates.

* Choose a different sailing itinerary? Every time!!!

* Spend less on ????? I would not necessarily spend less, but possibly more wisely.

* Spend less on photos? On Seabourn there are no photographers. Yeah!

* Drink less? Not happening. Moderation...or at least thinking of moderation.

* Eat less? Definitely not happening. Did you see my latest blog post on the Food & Wine Tasting on my last cruise?

* Book a cruise longer than the last one? The last one was 9 days and I think that is about perfect for me...I still work!

* Do more or less in port excursions? It depends on the ports. See my comment on what "travel" is.

* Stay on board the ship at some ports? There are very few ports I would not get off the ship in...and those are all in the Caribbean. In most ports there is always a hidden gem to discover. See my comment on what "travel" is.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

What I wouldn’t do differently:

• Choose another cruise line than Seabourn. I tried that once (Regent.) It was o.k. but food & service were mediocre. I’ll stick to Seabourn until their product deteriorates.

• Eat or drink less. Why bother to cruise Seabourn if this is a goal?

• Cruise for less than 2 weeks. I can’t imagine getting off after a week. I waited to start my cruising experience until I could afford the time & money for a longer cruise. I like short vacations (just got back from 4 days in Paris for fun,) but a short cruise doesn’t feel right to me.

What I would do differently

• Learning to pack is still a work in progress for me. (My wife is a master. She amazes everybody with her minimal amount of luggage & still looks good. I fail to look impressive no matter how much I pack.) The best packing advice I got was to before a trip, lay out all the clothes you want to take & all the money you plan to bring. Then, put back half the clothes & double the money. Easy to understand but still hard for me to do.

• Search for different itineraries. I prefer not to return to ports I have visited, particularly if I have been there on a land trip. I also have no desire to go to the Caribbean. That eliminates a lot of itineraries. I’m still looking at itineraries that include small islands in the Mediterranean.

• Avoid group excursions that include long bus rides. Do more walking on my own & hire more guides.

• Exercise more. (It sounds like a better idea now than when I am on the ship.)
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

"The best packing advice I got was to before a trip, lay out all the clothes you want to take & all the money you plan to bring. Then, put back half the clothes & double the money. Easy to understand but still hard for me to do."

"• Exercise more. (It sounds like a better idea now than when I am on the ship.) "

Diebroke, we know that exercise never sounds like a good idea when you are on a Seabourn ship and doubling money is what you are all about. It is, alas, your moniker...isn't it?:-D
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Familiar Face

The problem is that since I began luxury cruising, the age at which I achieve my goal as described by my moniker has dropped from 92 to 85 & is still falling.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Then you better go on even more cruises...and fast!:-D
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

if he goes on too many, too quick, he wont be here long enough to post!!

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011