CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Cabinmate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/282975-cabinmate.html)

Al Harvey July 19th, 2001 10:10 PM

Cabinmate

Civilized male seeks split fare with domesticated Homo sapiens -
- R2 Santiago to Buenos Aires - Jan Feb 2000 - $3,450 thru Cruise Holidays, Portland OR

Al Harvey July 19th, 2001 10:23 PM

Re: Cabinmate (correction)

The above post regarding seeking cabinmate for cruise on R2 Santiago to Buenos -should read Jan Feb 2002 - not 2000

Edward October 23rd, 2001 01:53 PM

see my post "cruise of a lifetime"

Allan Harvey October 24th, 2001 12:53 AM

I'm attempting to reply to your response, [or respond to your reply]. Can't quite make out who and where you are, nor do I know which cruise you are interested in. I put out several cq s several months back, and yours is the only response so far. My objective,in each instance was to equally divide the cost of double or triple occupancy fare..............Yes, I'm still interested. I'll append more when I can determine what we're talking about, Edward

Allan Harvey October 24th, 2001 12:54 AM

I'm attempting to reply to your response, [or respond to your reply]. Can't quite make out who and where you are, nor do I know which cruise you are interested in. I put out several cq s several months back, and yours is the only response so far. My objective,in each instance was to equally divide the cost of double or triple occupancy fare..............Yes, I'm still interested. I'll append more when I can determine what we're talking about, Edward owl

Allan Harvey October 24th, 2001 01:58 AM

ok, Ed..found your letter. Two grand sounds reasonably reasonable. I'll look up the itenerary, and attempt to put a viable profile on it. [I'm only semi-literate on a computer, so please bear with me. I haven't the capacity to portray your short letter here while replying to it, and being twice your age, my memory is less than perfect]. Usually book thru a travel agent or directly from a cruise line. What are the mechanics of this proposition? I/we have taken seven cruises and they have all been at reduced rates. I don't steal, cheat or renege,but do usually deal closely and fairly. I too spend very little time in the cabin,and being both neat and able, I personally have no need of a steward. HOWEVER,I almost always render to him/her the standard $3.50 per day. Other gratuities depend largely on attitude. More later Al [owl]

Allan Harvey October 25th, 2001 06:42 AM

Thank you for the offer, Edward. Reluctantly, I must bow out. My Wife's And my Mother's health concerns put me in a holding pattern indefinetly. Sorry. owl