Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2001, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Default cruise companion

Hello, my name is Steve. I have never been on a cruise and I would love to go on one. I love going to the islands, and on a cruise I get to see more then just one. Since i have never cruised, or vacationed alone this seems like the best way for me to go. I am not to picky on where, as long as it is warm, I really don't care what level of cabin or where it is located on the ship, and I can go with either a man or women. I am sure that I will have a great time no matter where or who i go with. So if you are interested about going on a cruise and need someone to share a room with please let me know. I almost forgot I am a 26 year old male. When we go is open, but i would like to go as soon as posible. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a nice day

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2002, 02:58 AM
Ron Gholston

Default Re: cruise companion

Hello, Steve,

I just discovered this web site tonight. I just learned of a great cruise "bargain" on Friday, and it is with a great cruise line (known for its outstanding cuisine) and it is a fantastic itinerary. The cruise is Celebrity Cruises' "Mercury" May 1 - 15. It is sailing from Fort Lauderdale, heading down through the Caribbean, to South America, through the PANAMA CANAL, up through Central America, the Mexican Riviera, and ending up in San Diego. You can find this itinerary on the web, or call Celebrity Cruises 800-number for the exact ports of call. Celebrity has some of the most outstanding food and service of any of the main-line cruise lines.

Let me tell you a little about me. I am a person who enjoys meeting people and is a good conversationalist. I am told that I am well-rounded (at least I try to be!), and I am told that I am a fun-to-be-with-type of guy, who really enjoys travelling. I am just past 50 years old (but I am told that I only look like I am 40), and I have a lot of enthusiasm. I have cruised on 10 different ships, and travelled to 78 countries of the world. I have high moral and ethics. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker, but I am tolerant of those who indulge (as long as they don't care that I don't indulge!). I am easy-to-get-along-with, and I have been told that I am a very enjoyable person to be around. I am looking for a travel buddy for this particular sailing, as I have access to a "special rate" on this particular sailing. The rate is only $1495 for the 15-day, 14-night cruise in a BALCONY CABIN. I noticed that you have not sailed before, but I can tell you that it is almost impossible to find a balcony cabin for $100/person/day. This rate would be a "good rate" for an INSIDE cabin, but to get not only an "oceanview" cabin, but a BALCONY cabin at this price is almost "unheard of"! This particular sailing is all in "warm-weather" climate, and going through the Panama Canal in a large ship is one of the most sought-ever experiences on the seas---one that you will never forget! I sailed this same route on a Celebrity ship (the "Horizon") several years ago, and it is one of the most enjoyable itineraries I have ever taken, and that is why I am hoping to be able to do it again! I usually travel with "friends". I have only travelled on one other trip with someone I did not know, and that was last year on a 25-day cruise to Antarctica. The guy I travelled with was 30 years old, and we had a great time and still communicate with each other (his home is
in Canada, but is presently living in Kaula Lampur, Malaysia!).

I am very mature in thought, but I have the enthusiasm of a 20-year-old, and I still "feel" like I did when I was in my 20's. As I said, I am told that I look like I am 40, but even that may seem "old" to you. I have several 26-year-old friends, but none of them has the time and money to get away for a 15-day, 14-night cruise in May of this year. I enjoy the company of someone younger than I am, and I have never seen anyone that age not seem to enjoy my company, but I, of course, could not "guarantee" we would be compatible as travel buddies, but I have never met anyone that I did not get along with and that did not get along with me as well!

I am a college graduate (I was accepted into medical school, but I went into the counselling field before I entered medical school). My favorite pasttime is travelling. I am financially secure, and I live in Denver, Colorado. If you would like to talk on the phone for us both to see if we think we would like to share this cruise together, you can phone me at 303-471-8687. If you have other questions, my email address is:
gholston1@yahoo.com

Have a great weekend, and I look forward to hearing from you either via email or on the phone.

Best regards,

Ron Gholston
gholston1@yahoo.com
303-471-8687
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126 (suburb of Denver)

steve wrote:
>
> Hello, my name is Steve. I have never been on a cruise and I
> would love to go on one. I love going to the islands, and on
> a cruise I get to see more then just one. Since i have never
> cruised, or vacationed alone this seems like the best way for
> me to go. I am not to picky on where, as long as it is warm,
> I really don't care what level of cabin or where it is
> located on the ship, and I can go with either a man or women.
> I am sure that I will have a great time no matter where or
> who i go with. So if you are interested about going on a
> cruise and need someone to share a room with please let me
> know. I almost forgot I am a 26 year old male. When we go is
> open, but i would like to go as soon as posible. Thank you
> for taking the time to read this and have a nice day
>
>
> Steve