CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   does anyone ever find a cabin mate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/283216-does-anyone-ever-find-cabin-mate.html)

paulinuk February 11th, 2003 06:08 AM

does anyone ever find a cabin mate

i give up cant afford to go solo ie residesea is good price 150 but if your on your own 300 for a studio ouch .but how many people ever meet up problem me being in uk are there any sites like this in uk?

J2003 February 13th, 2003 01:10 PM

Re: does anyone ever find a cabin mate

It seems that all the women advertise for that they are looking for other women and the men advertise that they are looking for only women. So a man looking for an answer to his ad, unless he specifies he wants a woman, is kind of out of luck. What do you think?

KT February 13th, 2003 01:12 PM

Maybe if you cleaned up your grammer and writing skills you might have more luck? Maybe.

croozbabe February 14th, 2003 11:10 AM

Re: Re: does anyone ever find a cabin mate

GREAT response KT!! You expressed my thoughts exactly :-) Good job.

watootwo February 14th, 2003 02:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: does anyone ever find a cabin mate

To KT and croozbabe. You must be shallow in the world of diversity. Ever think about different culture language barriers???? A question deserves respectful answers, if you find yourselves unable to answer in that manner maybe you should try chatting on the kiddie channel. Shame on you! :(

R February 14th, 2003 07:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: does anyone ever find a cabin mate

This is an English message board isn't it? So whatever the culture, English is what is spoken and understood here. No one is talking about "culture". I think they are talking about how that message was written.

croozbabe February 15th, 2003 01:08 PM

The person who started this thread is from the UK if you notice. If I'm not mistaken, they speak English there; the Queen's English in fact...

Paul February 19th, 2003 10:16 AM

ooh whats it like to be perfect

Paul February 19th, 2003 10:18 AM

mmm must be nice to be perfect do ever do anything wrong in life

Paul February 19th, 2003 10:20 AM

oh thanks very much typing this depressed now still i,am a good picture framer.thanks very much &all the best paulinuk.

croozbabe February 19th, 2003 11:01 AM

It IS nice. You should try it sometime...ha ha. You might have some luck in finding a shipmate.

W February 19th, 2003 11:00 PM

Paul in the UK: Why don't you get a friend to help you compose your posts? You need help, obviously, and it will make a better impression. Since you are saying that you cannot find a cabin mate, this is just a suggestion. Your posts ARE poorly written, so maybe someone could help you. You might have better luck then. No need to get defensive.

Katy May 17th, 2003 08:51 PM

WOW, Sorry you ran into all those nasty people. Write me at----Jamaicak2@aol.com----We will talk about this cruise thing more. I am always interested in meeting new people and in crusing. Katy

dcfan May 26th, 2003 07:11 PM

Yes, KT...it was a GREAT post...except that you spelled "grammar" incorrectly, thereby making yourself look like a complete idiot, as there is surely nothing more ridiculous than someone trying to correct someone else's writing and yet being unable to keep from making a mistake within the space of less than 20 words. Other than that, great post. Keep up the brilliant work.

Deanna May 29th, 2003 09:13 AM

I was curiouse about the same thing... If my friend doesn't go I will be looking for a cruise mate also. Wondering if anyone has ever found one on the boards too.

paulinuk May 29th, 2003 09:44 AM

why not

paulinuk May 29th, 2003 10:08 AM

if katy would like to email paulinuk@hotmail.com ?

Bill Simon August 10th, 2003 11:14 AM

Sunday, 8/11/03

Deanna,

Read your message about seeking a travel companion. I'm booked on a 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal with Holland America Line. Leaves Ft Lauderdale on Nov. 28th
My travel agent said I can have a travel companion for only port charges and tax.
I live in Vero Beach, FL. I'm 65 years old and active. If interested drop me a line.

Bill Simon