CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   June 03-E. Mediterranean..anyone else cruising?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/283246-june-03-e-mediterranean-anyone-else-cruising.html)

annette March 25th, 2003 12:55 AM

June 03-E. Mediterranean..anyone else cruising??

Hi... just wondering whether any of you will be cruising the Eastern Meditteranean this summer. The prices for Med cruises this year are simply fabulous.......ok.. except on the luxury lines......

At this time, I am looking at:
1. The Golden Princess, June 22, 12 nights, Barcelona to Venice with an overnight in both Barcelona and Venice, prices starting at 1199$ pp, based on double occ.; and,

2. SHould they lower prices, I would also be looking at the Crown Odyssey (Orient Cruise Lines), 14 days from from June 29, Barcelona to Venice(overnight in Venice), starting from $3001, pp, based on dou. occ.

Not sure if I will be needing a room mate on that one, but would like to meet ayone else who plans on being on either cruise, or who plans on being inthe Med abou tthat time. I am also hoping to go to Morroco by train/ferry before getting on the cruise in Barcelona.

Hoping to hear from you...race, age, sexual orientation unimportant to me.

Happy sailing,
Annette

margo March 27th, 2003 11:27 AM

Re: June 03-E. Mediterranean..anyone else cruising??

hi ,its nice to hear other solo cruisers are looking into roommates/cabinmates, this is my first solo cruise may 5th golden princess BCN-VCE im excited but a little scared war and all, but prices are low under 900.00 this includes ports, transfers and gov fees. great huh? im mid forties,and starting to pack, double occup, sound better than solo. p.s. i work out everyday,and love to have fun,love wine,music....bye.

annette March 28th, 2003 08:32 AM

Re: Re: June 03-E. Mediterranean..anyone else cruising??

Margo...... 900$ including EVERYTHING???? I say DEAL!!!!! Big deal... :) Well.. you are doing the same cruise as me.. but just earlier.. hopefully you can give me lots of great tips once you return.....

I am pretty much set on going, but since the rates were so low in May, I was hoping that they would fall just a little bit more for June, but alas, I may have waited to long, they are starting to go up again, it would seem. I am gambling by waiting, but I hope that it will pay off.

Happy Sailing!!

Annette

PS: Have cruised solo on many occasions, no problem. Way to go!!

watergoddess April 22nd, 2003 01:15 PM

Re: June 03-E. Mediterranean..anyone else cruising??

I am planning on going to Europe this summer. I will be traveling alone. I'm 41, single white female, young at heart, but too old to party like my 21 year old. Please forward more cruise details so I can check it out. Morocco sounds cool, too.