Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2003, 03:50 AM
First Mate

Default looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

Looking for a female cruise companion (or 2) for a 4-5 day western carribean cruise. Separate beds. Love to cruise (been on 12), just don't really enjoy going alone, and male roomates tend to be a pain. More in a cabin = cheaper fare for all. Pic swap preferred. Nothing expected....anything possible

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2003, 02:24 AM
Beginner

Default Re: looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

Few questions, Would you consider an OCT cruise?, Reach me at ---- Jamaicak2@aol.com ------ I will provide a PIC
Old July 23rd, 2003, 02:54 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

Actually, I have switched the date to October 19th.....7 days on the Carnival Conquest. Still interested?
Cruise leaves from New Orleans to Montego Bay to Grand Cayman to Cozumel
Old July 27th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Bob--

Default Re: looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

Larry: Just curious, why do you say "male roommates tend to be a pain"? I am trying to figure out what I want to do and am just wondering what your experience has been that leads you to say that? Thanks
Old July 30th, 2003, 12:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

My experience has been that 95% of the time I cruise with a male cabinmate, they seem to always end up being loud and obnoxious, wanting to party all the time...getting sloppy drunk....or constantly looking for women (and usually only end up looking like a jerk). A kid in a candy store gone wild. Plus, a lot of guys that cruise for the first time expect it to be like a Girls Gone Wild video, and it's just not like that....lol

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you want, its just not the reason I go on cruises. I go to relax and get away from all that.

Granted I have had 1 female cabinmate in the past and had the same experiences, but only once.

Naturally, on a cruise, you don't spend much time in your cabin anyway, but when I'm in it, I like to enjoy quiet time, and female cabinmates tend to be more respectful all around. Cleaner/neater too for the most part.....lol!

I'm 100% straight, and don't even want to go into those experiences.
Old July 30th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Bob--

Default Re: Re: Re: looking for female cruisemate(s) in July or Aug

I see your point and this is probably true with a certain type of guy, but not all. I have gone with women who have been a pain also---bringing loads of stuff and hogging all the space, being critical of every little thing, taking 5 times as long in the bathroom etc. I would not want a slob, a drunk or any of the other things you mentioned either. I guess it depends on the person and how considerate or decent they are and what their personality is like............. Bottom line is: whatever ship you go on, the room is SMALL and living together for 7 or 10 days can be hard unless the personalities mesh regardless of the gender.Larry wrote:

> My experience has been that 95% of the time I cruise with a
> male cabinmate, they seem to always end up being loud and
> obnoxious, wanting to party all the time...getting sloppy
> drunk....or constantly looking for women (and usually only end
> up looking like a jerk). A kid in a candy store gone wild.
> Plus, a lot of guys that cruise for the first time expect it to
> be like a Girls Gone Wild video, and it's just not like
> that....lol
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you
> want, its just not the reason I go on cruises. I go to relax
> and get away from all that.
>
> Granted I have had 1 female cabinmate in the past and had the
> same experiences, but only once.
>
> Naturally, on a cruise, you don't spend much time in your cabin
> anyway, but when I'm in it, I like to enjoy quiet time, and
> female cabinmates tend to be more respectful all around.
> Cleaner/neater too for the most part.....lol!
>
> I'm 100% straight, and don't even want to go into those
> experiences.