CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/283313-sos-desperate-cruisemate-mid-late-july2003.html)

sunnysingle June 27th, 2003 01:25 PM

SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

Okay, so I don't plan ahead!

I will be going on a 7 day cruise (haven't booked yet) mid to late July. I have been on two cruises by myself already and had a fantastic time each time. The first was on Carnival where I did the single share and then had the whole cabin to myself because evidently they couldn't find a roommate for me. Last summer I went on Holland America and did the single share and ended up with a great roommate. I would really like to go on RCCL Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on July 26th I believe. This is the Southern Caribbean and ports of call include Barbados and St Lucia. But if this doesn't suit, I will do any 7 day (or longer) Caribbean cruise. I have almost resigned myself to paying up to 200% of the double occupancy rate, but if someone (preferably female, since I'm female) would like to share, please reply to my message. I am 45, divorced, a non-smoker, social drinker, and easy-going.

dee-ann June 27th, 2003 08:27 PM

Re: SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

i have just this week starting looking into this single cruise idea. never been to a single anything. i am a 36 year old female and have been ordered to take another vacation, just got back from disney world with my children so i guess this time is for me, i am interested in finding something fun, fast and different, if you are still looking for someone to share the expense....let me know the details. i live in nj and like i said have done this before, i do go to a spa in st lucia, but i guess i would fly to catch the boat from wherever it departs.......let me know...details, price, website, etc.

jo-ellen July 6th, 2003 09:30 AM

hi,

I am also a single cruiser; I just started selling cruises thru Thomas Hogan Travel as an outside agent. I want my speciality to be singles cruising in general and specifically BBW cruising (which stands for Big, Beautiful Women). If you can wait until 8/31 there is a great rate for singles on the Carnival Destiny. Write me if you want me to help you with this. The ports are excellent and as always, Carnival is a fun ship.

jo

jo-ellen July 6th, 2003 09:34 AM

Re: Re: SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

Hi,

I have been cruising single for at least 5 years and it is a blast; so much fun that I have just signed on with a worldwide travel agency as an outside agent. I am interested in promoting singles cruising with a specialty in BBW (that's big, beautiful, women). I sent "desparate" a couple of ideas and would be happy to talk to you both about some of my ideas.,

jo

Leah July 6th, 2003 06:47 PM

have you found a cruising partner yet?
i am 35 yo professional female who is fun and laid back...
done a lot of solo travelling, but never a solo cruise

Leah
leahvy@cs.com

dolphin_luv_r July 13th, 2003 05:01 AM

Hi, my name is Jody and I'm just a couple yrs older than you. I too am the LAST MINUTE person BUT I've been TRYING TO GET A COMPANION FOR AT LEAST A short 5-day cruise to Baja if nothing else and like you I will NOT pay for a fare quoted to me that jumped from $299 to OVER $700 just because I had no cabin companion. I just found this site so HERE I AM READY TO GO SOMEWHERE. I'm on West coast. Please e me and let me know where U R. People in Florida have it MADE for those trips. We need to find more "moola" to just get from here to East. Hope to hear from U. Jody.....P.S. Any questions I will be happy to answer. My son does NOT get to go this time and he KNOWS IT TOO. NO WAY. It's MY turn.........he understands, so it's okay. I am not a drinker, one social one when boarding, VERY clean, luv to laugh and make people laugh but do know when to be quiet. LET'S GO SOMEWHERE ! ! ! ! ! !

sunnysingle July 17th, 2003 09:25 PM

Re: Re: SOS! Desperate! - no longer desperate!

Hi,

This is sunnysingle. Just want to let everyone know - Dee-Ann, Jo-ellen, Leah and Jody - that within two days of my post, I found a great cruisemate. I can't believe that it has all worked out so smoothly. We are booked and ready to go! You all sound great, too, so I hope you do find a cruisemate here. Keep trying and I bet you will. Happy cruising!

annette July 18th, 2003 07:48 AM

Did you find your cruise mate on online??/

Or is it someone you knew b4? Maybe Dee-Ann, Jo-ellen, Leah and Jody may wanna considering getting two cabins and going off together !!!??/

Happy sailing y'all.

a.

bob hudson July 20th, 2003 10:01 PM

HI:
Saw your ad, and have been to Alaska three times. I like (HAL) Holland America very mcu. Sailed with them 20 times since 1987. There is still time for Alaska. I'm a SWM, 63, former Air Force Officer, College Graduate, Financially comfortable, and know the PAIN of paying a "Single Supplement".

I have Excellent References, and not looking for someone to keep the bed warm! If interested in Alaska, let me know ASAP, and I can go to work and find out prices etc.

Take Care,

Bob H.

robertmnch@Aol.com

bob hudson July 20th, 2003 10:14 PM

HI:

I don't know if your the same Jody, but anyways, I'm also on the West Coast and ready to go to Alaska again! If interested in specifics, contact me at: robertmnch@aol.com

Take Care,

Bob H.