Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2003, 01:25 PM
sunnysingle

Default SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

Okay, so I don't plan ahead!

I will be going on a 7 day cruise (haven't booked yet) mid to late July. I have been on two cruises by myself already and had a fantastic time each time. The first was on Carnival where I did the single share and then had the whole cabin to myself because evidently they couldn't find a roommate for me. Last summer I went on Holland America and did the single share and ended up with a great roommate. I would really like to go on RCCL Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on July 26th I believe. This is the Southern Caribbean and ports of call include Barbados and St Lucia. But if this doesn't suit, I will do any 7 day (or longer) Caribbean cruise. I have almost resigned myself to paying up to 200% of the double occupancy rate, but if someone (preferably female, since I'm female) would like to share, please reply to my message. I am 45, divorced, a non-smoker, social drinker, and easy-going.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2003, 08:27 PM
dee-ann

Default Re: SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

i have just this week starting looking into this single cruise idea. never been to a single anything. i am a 36 year old female and have been ordered to take another vacation, just got back from disney world with my children so i guess this time is for me, i am interested in finding something fun, fast and different, if you are still looking for someone to share the expense....let me know the details. i live in nj and like i said have done this before, i do go to a spa in st lucia, but i guess i would fly to catch the boat from wherever it departs.......let me know...details, price, website, etc.
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:30 AM
jo-ellen

hi,

I am also a single cruiser; I just started selling cruises thru Thomas Hogan Travel as an outside agent. I want my speciality to be singles cruising in general and specifically BBW cruising (which stands for Big, Beautiful Women). If you can wait until 8/31 there is a great rate for singles on the Carnival Destiny. Write me if you want me to help you with this. The ports are excellent and as always, Carnival is a fun ship.

jo
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:34 AM
jo-ellen

Default Re: Re: SOS! Desperate! Cruisemate for mid to late July2003

Hi,

I have been cruising single for at least 5 years and it is a blast; so much fun that I have just signed on with a worldwide travel agency as an outside agent. I am interested in promoting singles cruising with a specialty in BBW (that's big, beautiful, women). I sent "desparate" a couple of ideas and would be happy to talk to you both about some of my ideas.,

jo
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Leah

have you found a cruising partner yet?
i am 35 yo professional female who is fun and laid back...
done a lot of solo travelling, but never a solo cruise

Leah
leahvy@cs.com
Old July 13th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to dolphin_luv_r

Hi, my name is Jody and I'm just a couple yrs older than you. I too am the LAST MINUTE person BUT I've been TRYING TO GET A COMPANION FOR AT LEAST A short 5-day cruise to Baja if nothing else and like you I will NOT pay for a fare quoted to me that jumped from $299 to OVER $700 just because I had no cabin companion. I just found this site so HERE I AM READY TO GO SOMEWHERE. I'm on West coast. Please e me and let me know where U R. People in Florida have it MADE for those trips. We need to find more "moola" to just get from here to East. Hope to hear from U. Jody.....P.S. Any questions I will be happy to answer. My son does NOT get to go this time and he KNOWS IT TOO. NO WAY. It's MY turn.........he understands, so it's okay. I am not a drinker, one social one when boarding, VERY clean, luv to laugh and make people laugh but do know when to be quiet. LET'S GO SOMEWHERE ! ! ! ! ! !

Old July 17th, 2003, 09:25 PM
sunnysingle

Default Re: Re: SOS! Desperate! - no longer desperate!

Hi,

This is sunnysingle. Just want to let everyone know - Dee-Ann, Jo-ellen, Leah and Jody - that within two days of my post, I found a great cruisemate. I can't believe that it has all worked out so smoothly. We are booked and ready to go! You all sound great, too, so I hope you do find a cruisemate here. Keep trying and I bet you will. Happy cruising!
Old July 18th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Did you find your cruise mate on online??/

Or is it someone you knew b4? Maybe Dee-Ann, Jo-ellen, Leah and Jody may wanna considering getting two cabins and going off together !!!??/

Happy sailing y'all.

a.
Old July 20th, 2003, 10:01 PM
bob hudson

HI:
Saw your ad, and have been to Alaska three times. I like (HAL) Holland America very mcu. Sailed with them 20 times since 1987. There is still time for Alaska. I'm a SWM, 63, former Air Force Officer, College Graduate, Financially comfortable, and know the PAIN of paying a "Single Supplement".

I have Excellent References, and not looking for someone to keep the bed warm! If interested in Alaska, let me know ASAP, and I can go to work and find out prices etc.

Take Care,

Bob H.

robertmnch@Aol.com
Old July 20th, 2003, 10:14 PM
bob hudson

HI:

I don't know if your the same Jody, but anyways, I'm also on the West Coast and ready to go to Alaska again! If interested in specifics, contact me at: robertmnch@aol.com

Take Care,

Bob H.