Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2003, 07:28 PM
sue125

Default Singlescruise.com

Would like to hear from anyone that has booked a cruise with Singlescruise.com, I am considering booking one for November and just wondered what kind of experiences other people had had. Always a little cautious to book things from on-line web sites that I am not familiar with at all. I have cruised many, many times but usually with my husband so going alone will be a little different.

Please share any information you can.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2003, 09:54 PM
robert hudson

Default Re: Singlescruise.com

HI: 08/01/03

Take it from a 22 cruise's passenger! BOOK YOUR OWN CRUISE DIRECTLY WITH THE CRUISE LINE!

The Cruise Line is there 24/7 or they have Voice Activated Mail, so you can get info! Once you place your deposit, the Agencies "love you". Once you have paid your "FINAL"! It's don't bother me--the tickets will arrive TWO weeks before the cruise, and SURPRISE! We are going on a cruise, but there seems to be a little problem, we got the wrong cabin! They don't care! Or, better yet, you have to catch three planes to get from L.A. to Miami if the TA is doing your Air thru the Cruise Line--do your own AIR!

The level of service is geared to the "bottom line"! A standard 7 day cruise gives any Agent about 10%. He can skim that a little if he really has to meet quota for that month or has a few extra bucks to spare!

I stopped using Travel Agents (TA's) 4 years ago because of the their incompetence and attitude as described above. Dealing directly with a cruise Line, and you can get any answers right away, not 2 or 3 days from now! Major problem, speak to a Supervisor or Manager Immediately! Eventually, you'll like a Cruise Line and become a Repeat Passenger, and have a "membership number", and this brings the "Perks", and the Cruise Lines Reservations Agents see this everytime you call in for information or to book a cruise or to shop prices! Prices might be $50 higher, but if there's a problem, it's between the Cruise Line and me!

Let me know if I can answer any other questions?

Robert
robertmnch@aol.com
Old August 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Sue and Robert:
Sue, there have been posts from people who have cruised with Singles cruises. Looks like they get groups of 100-200 people (singles) together mostly out of Florida on Carnival. I figure I'll probably try them sometime in the future if they do something out of LA since I live on the west coast.
Robert, do you mostly cruise solo? The reason I ask is I wonder if one can get better rates dealing directly with the cruise line. At least this method would be more direct.
Faith
Old August 10th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Bill Simon

8/11/03
Sue,
Read your message and would like to reply. I'm booked on a 10 day cruises to the Panama Canal. on the Holland America Line. Leaves Ft. Lauderdale nov. 28th. My
travel agent says I can have a cruise companion with only port charges and tax. If you are interested please send a reply. I live iin Vero Beach FL. I'm 65 years youn and active.
Bill Simon