Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Passenger

Default Single Cruise

I am a SWM 38 years old and I am planning on taking a short cruise, probably a
carnival cruise out of Balt or Philly. I have been killing myself at work and need to
get away for a short trip - 6 days on a boat away from work sounds perfect.
I do have some trepidation about going alone though. I don't like the thought of
sitting with three couples every night at dinner and, while I love to read, I would
like some conversation and company. I don't really like the games and such
that usually serve as singles meeting place. Does anyone have opinions or
experiences with this sort of thing - I would appreciate hearing if other people
in my situation managed to make friends...etc.

Thanks. -TMJ
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2003, 03:21 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Single Cruise

I often cruise alone and love it! Have met many fine singles and you never feel alone especially when dining with others.

Have a great time!
Old October 8th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Kathleen Osmon

Don't be afraid to sail alone. I am going on the NCL Dream next Sunday, 10/12, from Boston to Quebec and back alone. I am a 67-year old female. Went on the Wind in June to Alaska but went with a friend - we both had our own single rooms - and there were days I was so glad to go hide and be alone by myself. I also went on Legend of the Seas for a 14-day cruise from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand last year all by myself and had a ball. I usually take every tour I can fit in - and sit and talk to anyone I meet at a table.

I like sailing alone as I can do or not do what I want, when I want and not have to cater to someone else's preferences. I used to travel with my mother, but she passed away several years ago. Right now, I have no one to travel with, and at my age, I decided that if i want to travel, I don't have time to wait to see if I meet someone to go with me. So, I go alone and really enjoy myself.

Where else can you go to some exotic ports, see lovely scenery, not have to pack and unpack, have a nice meal waiting for you whenever you want and feel perfectly safe while you do all this. I love it.

Kathleen
Old October 10th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Cat

I too, want to reassure you...going alone is actually quite fun. I went on my first cruise alone last month. I was worried I wouldn't meet a soul and would spend the trip all by myself bored to death. SO NOT THE CASE. Carnival is very good at putting people "just like you" together with you. Go to the singles night--even if you don't drink or dance...you can still meet new friends. Ask for late dinner seating (most singles do) and go! This is where I met most of my new friends. I am still in contact with several of them. As you can see from the pic I included....as a guy....things are in your favor! So go, relax, and have a great time!

Cat

Old October 18th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

HI Tommy,

I am a 47 year old woman and I have been on lots of cruises alone and with people and they both have their benefits. I know the feeling of sitting at the table with all couples and you are the only single persn; it get kind of uncomfortable. What I used to do sometimes when I went alone was to go to the buffet , which has the same food as the sit down dinner, and eat by myself so that I didn't feel uncomfortable.

On another cruise, I asked to sit at a singes table, and I had the time of my life. We were about 12 people, men and women and we had a great time every night.

People on cruises are very friendly and you will have a great time either alone or with someone.

I would love to help you with any other stuff you might need.

Gail
Old October 24th, 2003, 11:39 AM
MEA

hi tommy, i may be interested. sounds like u just need someone to dine with and forget who u are for a few days. well let me no details. i m single 5ft6 blonde/blue eyes . i d say i look pretty good. never did this before, so who nos........
Old October 24th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll be traveling on the Imagination Nov. 15th. It would be nice to find some dinner and or recreation companions.
Old October 25th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruiseLuvr

I'm traveling alone on the Carnival Paradise 11-2-03, sure would enjoy having a dinner partner. This is my 7th cruise and I also have to travel alone. I'm not far from Balt or Philly.
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Single Cruise

HI ms. mea

Maybe we should talk about a cruise..........have been on 3 this year and looking for another. Hate to pay the single supplement , so am intereted in a cruise partner. If you have an interest please email me at drkw28@hotmail.com and we can chat about a cruise?
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Single Cruise

Thanks for all the answers to my message post. Please email me directly at dctadpole@yahoo.com if you are interested in taking a cruise together.